0
Find the right pro for your project

Jack Berry and friends

lindalana
October 5, 2018

Naylor as always tantalizing with new offerings .... Reported they will have over 200 new hosta in catalog 2019 nevermind oldies but goodies...
Am looking at Jack Berry, seems like a very attractive combo of blue and red. Sultans of the swing too.
What is on your wish list?

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

if you want something real bad.. you might want to order it ASAP ....

too many times.. over the years.. i waited ... until spring in MI ... and was told.. out of stock ...

have any supplier.. put you on first spring delivery ... and then figure out what to do with them .. when the boyz send it .. and its still winter at your house.. lol ...

ken

lindalana thanked ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
  • Karin Black Cat

Jack Berry is also on my wishlist. I really hope that Fransen has it in February. Then I will order it for spring. NO other plans so far :-)

lindalana thanked Karin Black Cat
  • Tiddisolo Wales UK

I managed to get Jack Berry from Fransen when they offered a few a couple of months back.

They quickly sold out.

Dave

lindalana thanked Tiddisolo Wales UK
  • lindalana

Yeah, yesterday Naylor run out of Alan Titmarch in a matter of minutes. I contacted Gary and put my request... Darn, and here I thought would wait for actual catalog to come out...

• beverlymnz4

Well, I have to wait for the actual catalog. I have little inside information about what might be in it. I hope to live vicariously through you all when you post the arrival of your special hosta. When hosta Thrills and Frills was in their catalog it was sold out instantly - I assumed crop failure of some sort. It has never shown up again.

I would like to add that I'm glad the Naylors are still in business and I hope to give them some business.

lindalana thanked beverlymnz4
  • dstickrod77

Last night they sold out of Invincible Spirit in about an hour after Gary posted some teasers.

lindalana thanked dstickrod77
  • lindalana

Naylor sold out of a few more including Astral bliss, thus time Don Deans creations . Not sure I like this new way of doing business.

Anybody knows what Hostas from Dan Wols will be for sale this year?

• beverlymnz4

Where is he, Gary, posting his teasers? This is a different way of doing business.

lindalana thanked beverlymnz4
  • lindalana

Hosta buyers guide on FB group

• lindalana

Got my claim on Monkey business and See no evil. I have really cute art decor team if they release full series...

• Claudia _michigan

Wow!! You did get it at the right moment

I was able to get my name on Jack Berry (thanks to Karin who mentioned the plant to me)

and also “enduring beacon”

i really couldn’t believe my luck that I was able to be the 6th commenter in this one

lindalana thanked Claudia _michigan
  • lindalana

Naylor catalog is up. Found one more hosta from Dan Wols, Li'l smooch, no pictures though

• dstickrod77

It's like Christmas in October. Gave myself a Jack Berry, among others. They'll fit perfectly.

lindalana thanked dstickrod77
  • dstickrod77

lindalana, did you see Effervescence?

lindalana thanked dstickrod77
  • lindalana

Got effervescence this spring, kept in pot and planted in to overwinter. I feel it will need careful site choice. Play of light on leaves is stunning in the spring.

• Claudia _michigan

I have such a hard time pulling the trigger on my order... which I know all the ones I like will be sold out.

i can’t make my mind up and it’s so strange to me to order already with delivery in May

lindalana thanked Claudia _michigan
  • Claudia _michigan

Done! Ordered

Jack Berry and Gretchen’s Grace ❤️

All because of Karin

love browse Karins pictures to pick my plants.

lindalana thanked Claudia _michigan
  • Karin Black Cat

You will have a hard time during winter :-) Summer is for planting and caring, winter is buying and planing time...you will fill a lot of online shopping carts. I bought around 200 one year :-)

Gretchen's Grace is one of the still green hosta and I really love it. Got it's streaked sport Gretchen's Rainbow this year. Took the flower picture today...

I also ordered Jack Berry together with Scheherazade, Cleopatra, Coastal Treasure and Lakeside Coal Miner at Fransen's for delivery mid of April. For me it is the best time for planting, they have enough time to get accustomed to the new garden. I never was too lucky with late fall deliveries :-(

lindalana thanked Karin Black Cat
  • dstickrod77

lindalana Gary is posting some from Don as I'm typing this

lindalana thanked dstickrod77
  • Claudia _michigan

Wow Karin .. please show us when you can the streaked Gretchen

lindalana thanked Claudia _michigan
  • lindalana

Oh well who I was kidding that I am done...got few more including High voltage. I hope Gary is keeping track...