Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

2019 Spring retreat wall hanging project

grammyp
5 years ago

I think we should make a wall hanging to leave at the Place of Grace retreat next year. Every one who will be attending, has attended, or would like to attend, please make and send me a house block using this pattern.

House block

Please personalize as you wish and use a neutral off white for the background. In the window, write your name and home state. Unfinished block should be 8 inches. If you will send them to me, I will put them together and bring with me to the retreat to donate.

Comments (43)

• Larri
    5 years ago

I won't be able to attend the Spring Retreat; however, wanted to say what a lovely idea this is! Be sure to show the final project. Looking forward to seeing what you talented quilters create!

• Ginny Snarski
    5 years ago

Cute! A great idea and selection, grammyp. As a wannacome, I will make one, regardless of whether I end up coming. I'm working on finding a friend to come with me. Addie is great company but isn't good at sharing the driving or helping me to stay on route. I have a AWD vehicle but it doesn't go far off road where the smells are the best. haha

• grammyp
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks, Ginny. If Addie is anything like my Meena was we would never arrive because we would have to case all the squirrels.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    5 years ago

My house is made will let you know when it gets mailed. :-) Ended up 8 1/2" unfinished.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thank you!

• jackier123
    5 years ago

I mailed my block today.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thank you!

• trouzernc
    5 years ago

I will definitely make a block, but I have to get my commitment to my local guild’s raffle quilt finished before I can tackle anything. Other quilters are helping, but I have made several log cabin blocks and over 250 flying geese so far.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    5 years ago

No rush, I haven't made mine either. Won't work on it till February probably.

• polardream
    5 years ago

I will mail my block tomorrow. Like Sharon, mine unfinished is about 8-1/2"

Sue

• grammyp
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thank you.

• latifolia
    5 years ago

Still planning to come to the retreat. Won’t be able to do a block until we’re back in the States in late January.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    5 years ago

No problem, send it when you can.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    5 years ago

I mailed a couple houses yesterday, Beverly. Forgot about writing in the window. :-( You can do it if you wish.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks, Sharon. I may do that, or you can do it at retreat. We still have room if you want to bring a friend.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    5 years ago

I'm having difficulty with my 'friend' going on a Christmas gift family cruise in July. But, I have been tossing out the info in various places. :-)

• grammyp
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Your houses arrived today. They are perfect!

• latifolia
    5 years ago

I'm still planning to come to the retreat. We're back from the Caribbean, and I want to make this block, but am having trouble figuring out how to print out the instructions. Can someone please help me!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    5 years ago

I just sketched out the house wrote the cutting sizes into the strips and looked at the pictures to sew it together. Once you read through it a couple of times, you won't need the directions except for cutting sizes and looking at the picture. :-)

• Ginny Snarski
    5 years ago

I printed it by clicking on link above then went to Print under the Tools option in my Windows Explorer browser. Note that in step by step tutorial where fabric sizes are listed, the background pieces, the second set of two 1 1/2" X 6 1/2" strips should be 1 1/2" x 8 1/2".

Grammyp, I mailed blocks this morning for me and my friend Paulette.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

latifolia, did you get it to print?

• latifolia
    5 years ago

Not yet. I'm hoping my husband may have a few minutes to help me.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    5 years ago

If you e-mail me your address I'll be glad to send you a copy.

• bev2009
    5 years ago

I just sent you an email for the pattern. Thanks.

• latifolia
    5 years ago

Feeling very stupid, but how do I send you an email?

• grammyp
    Original Author
    5 years ago

If you click on my profile picture it should open my profile and there should be a white box on the right that says "message".

• latifolia
    5 years ago

It must be one of my settings, because I can’t see your profile or a white box.

• latifolia
    5 years ago

I give up. When I clicked on the link and printed it I got eight pages of reviews, no pattern.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I sent you an e-mail with the file attached.

• Ginny Snarski
    5 years ago

Have my blocks arrived yet? Mailed last Saturday.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I'm sorry, Ginny. I thought I had sent you a message. They have safely arrived, thanks. I guess I need to get mine done.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Latifolia, your block arrived safely at my house yesterday. Thank you.

• bev2009
    5 years ago

My block is done, but I probably can't make it to the PO until Friday.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thank you. You are ahead of me, I still haven't made mine.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Bev, your block arrived yesterday. It certainly was nice to open it and find some happy spring flowers.

• bev2009
    5 years ago

Glad they arrived. I didn't write my name on it, but feel free. I just can't bring myself to write on a quilt. I know others do it successfully, but I'm always afraid it will bleed.

• toolgranny
    5 years ago

I can't come this year but might be able to next time. So will send you a block, Bev, just so you won't forget me.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks, Linda. Think you could make it this fall?

• toolgranny
    5 years ago

Maybe. I just take one month at a time.

• trouzernc
    5 years ago

Did you receive my block, grammyp? I didn’t sign it as I didn’t get that memo.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I received one in Feb, have you sent another?

• grammyp
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Linda, your house arrived yesterday. It is not too bright, it is perfect. Thanks.