Software
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_774288

Need Help Deciding ASAP!! Super White Quartzite island only?

7 years ago
Hello Please help!! Need help Deciding!
Need to make decision fast. Should I do Super White for Island only and Hanstone Royal Blanc for perimeter or do island and perimeter in Super White. I plan to have a painted glass backslash.

Comments (15)

  • 7 years ago
    Super white quartzite
  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    I would have super white on your island only. It's dolomite, so quartz on the perimeter will give you a more forgiving prep surface. But....I would do a darker quartz...or even soapstone.

  • 7 years ago

    Hi, just so I'm clear. When you call it super white, are you referring to Super White Quartzite? which looks like


    I just want to be sure, because there are so many names for so many products. If this is the one, then this is my vote. I think it will look stunning

    I found that picture in this link, and there are some other kitchen photos there so you can see some finished product looks for it.

    What colour are you thinking for your painted glass backsplash? The reason I ask, is that there are many posts on Houzz about painted glass tiles and people not happy with the colour once they are installed, taking on a greenish tone (this seems to happen with white glass tile) or seeing the thinset (maybe not the right word, but the stuff that bonds the tile to the wall) through it.

    But I think you could find a nice light grey glass tile that would look fantastic with this stone.

    This grey elongated subway may be too dark, but I like the longer shape and I do like the frosted finish on it. It also comes in polished.

    This one on the wayfair site might be a better colour.

    How do you feel about this?

    The only way to know for sure is to take a sample piece of your slab and a cupboard drawer and go shopping. Or I know that Tilebar has good sample pricing. Have a look through their site for ideas and order some samples in. It really helps to see the tiles in your own space and with the lighting that you will be living with.


  • 7 years ago

    Totally do that for your island AFTER you test it to make sure its a real "quartzite". No sense in buying an expensive stone if it stains & etchs (unless you know it will do that and are okay with it).

    I vote to do something darker on the perimeter as well.

  • 7 years ago
    I did Super White on the island and perimeter, but my lowers are blue/grey and uppers are white. In your kitchen with all white cabinets, I think Super White on the island with a black perimeter would look great!
  • PRO
    7 years ago
    Hello, personally I really like the hanstone royal blanc for all of it myself. I don’t see the super white quartzite in there at all, it’s very busy and traditional for the clean look of the glass backsplash you’re putting in and considering the fact that you have modern slab front cabinets. I’d stay uplifting and fresh and clean in there. I would add some black on the perimeter if you really want to bring in another color.
  • 7 years ago
    Thank you all for you input!! I forgot to mention that the island would waterfall down on both sides. Also the Super White Slab that we’re looking at is a little darker more grey than the one I posted. I also don’t anything too busy for the back splash. I want everything to be simple clean look.
  • PRO
    7 years ago

    Love the waterfall island counter idea! When you say glass backsplash are you talking glass tile? Just a thought and maybe you were already thinking of this but instead of doing glass tile I suggest looking at back painted sheets of glass, like you would get from a supplier that makes glass showers. This way you will have a seamless look and no grout lines, it will look extremely contemporary.

  • 7 years ago
    Yes I would do quartz on the perimeter.
  • 7 years ago
    Yes that’s exactly what I hope to have painted glass no grout lines. Like on this picture but possibly white or light grey!?!
  • 7 years ago
    Painted glass backsplash
  • PRO
    7 years ago
    Yes that’s exactly what I had in mind! Gorgeous.
  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Super White is a dolomite. marbles first cousin. it's a little less fussy than carrara, depending on your actual slab. I have it in my bathroom and must have lucked out with mine.



    I have no etching or staining or any other issue with it. I have carrara on the floor and that hasn't faired nearly as well!



    the royal blanc will be fine for the perimeter. I like the waterfall idea of the Super White and think it will be the right punch you need for your kitchen.

    tk, please consider doing some sort of color on the glass. please, no more gray. your kitchen will look very cold. bring in a nice blue/green that will compliment the cool whites. If you want gray, do a gray quartz on the perimeter instead of the white.


    and don't forget to bring in some wood,,,somewhere. a shelf, counter stools, cutting boards, etc. keeps it from looking too sterile.



    this black glass is really cool looking. w/your Super White, it would match perfectly



    to me, this looks like you could perform surgery in here!