Software
Houzz Logo Print
virginiay

installation of tv/wall

7 years ago
Hi, this look is great and plan to do the same. I'm trying to figure out from the pictures how the glass wall and tv are installed and where to purchase that type of wall. Was the cabinet custom made?
loulou007's ideas · More Info

Comments (7)

  • 7 years ago

    The glass is back painted in white, the TV was set into wall and the glass is a HD mirror so when you turn of the TV it looks like a mirror. The cabinets I bought at a furniture store in Miami.on the cabinet on the right I cut a hole in it to drop in a36” fireplace..

  • 7 years ago

    Thank you for this info Luis. Another question.... do the lights reflect on the glass making it difficult to watch TV? What is an HD mirror and where do you buy that? How did you hang the glass wall?

  • 7 years ago
    Ok so I’ll answer your questions one by one.
    1. Yes, it can be difficult to watch TV during the day if you have direct light hitting the mirror. I put down my black out shades to prevent the light from hitting the mirror.
  • 7 years ago
    2. Not sure how to explain HD mirror but I can get you the companies name and #.
  • 7 years ago
    3.The glass wall is actually 4 pieces. 3 back painted pieces of glass and the HD mirror. After cutting a hole in the drywall to accommodate the TV, a wood frame is screwed in to the wall on either side of the TV and each piece of glass is glued to the frame.LED lights are applied around the whole structure afterwards.
  • 7 years ago
    The HD glass company name is:HD Mirror
    #(561) 271-8894
    Owners name is Steve. I’ll have to look up the furniture stores name.If you go on YouTube and type: Splendid Sea Towers House in Gdynia Poland. You’ll see where I got my inspiration from.