Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lauren_domenick

Window Treatment Bedroom (window placement)

Lauren Domenick
5 years ago
We have a master bedroom with one regular window and a smaller one that’s very close to a corner. Not sure what to do with the window treatment for that small window. Unfortunately, we have low ceilings as well. House built in early 70s with sink in the room as well (odd!). Eventual renovation, but could use some suggestions on the window treatments and how to finish out the decor. We like the placement of our bed, and love our mid-century furniture. Just needs *finished*! Any and all suggestions welcome :)

First pic: from the doorway looking right.
Second: from the doorway looking straight.
Third: from the far corner looking towards front of room
Fourth: from the front window

Comments (13)

• Lauren Domenick
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Pics are out of order
  • chloebud
    5 years ago

Good advice from kat!

• katinparadise
    5 years ago

Thanks chloebud! Haven't seen you here in a while!

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Are you kidding about TV? Do not lower the TV. It is bedroom, friends! Not easy to watch lower TV. (facepalm)

• njmomma
    5 years ago

Not a Pro.

No matter where you put a tv in the bedroom, you get a crick in your neck lol

Back to dilemma......

Drape on corner window can match the other window if you only add one drape and swing it to a side.. all curtain rods close to ceiling to give you height. Use rings to keep neat.

Inspiration:

J. Hirsch Interior Design Portfolio · More Info

• njmomma
    5 years ago

Not a Pro.

Adding a Shelf under the tv may help. Notch out a place for the wire if you are not removing it.

Then you can a some small accessories like picture frames to the top of the console.

• chloebud
    5 years ago

Hi kat! I'm still here. :-)

• Lauren Domenick
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thanks Kat and others! I was thinking of moving the small dresser from under the tv and to the corner left of the big window, and filling the space under the tv with a bookcase like this (in white)

Bed was just thrown together so I could get a halfway decent pic ;)

What about placement of big mirror and corner lamp? Also have a small slipper chair I could use somewhere
  • katinparadise
    5 years ago

You're welcome! Do you need a chair and a bench in the room? If not, I would find another home for the chair-perhaps a guest room if you have one. My only thought about a book shelf like you show is that then you have to find stuff to fill it up! I think it could be one too many pieces of furniture in the room. What's in the corner to the left of the window now?

• roarah
    5 years ago

I also have a window which abuts against a corner I treated it the same as my other window, which is the same size. It works fine.

• Lauren Domenick
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    We don’t have anything in the corner right now. Maybe chair if we leave the small dresser where it is? If chair then begs the question of what to put on the wall there above it/left of window. And it’s not technically a bench under the window but a coffee table passed down in my family that I didn’t know what else to do with, haha.

I like the window suggestion and pic with the wooden shades and then panels!
  • decoenthusiaste
    5 years ago

I would switch the two dressers so the longer one is under the TV which you should lower some. Dress the two windows alike; completely cover them with lined drapes matched to the wall color and hung ceiling to floor. The windows don't look like they provide you with much light anyway and really need to be hidden. Then stand your floor mirror in the other corner. Move the slipper chair in the corner by the floor lamp. Remove the bench/luggage rack to another room.