0

I have been looking this tree and wonder

bluemoonlight

How does one grow tree like that ?
https://goo.gl/images/Zmj1ia

• Moses, Western PA., zone 5/6, USA

Anna,

In what way do you find that CH fig tree remarkable enough to ask how to grow such a tree? It looks like any young, well pruned and cared for fig tree to me. You have posted many such well cared for, nice looking fig trees you yourself grew/grow.

Moses

bluemoonlight thanked Moses, Western PA., zone 5/6, USA
  • bluemoonlight

That is nice of you to say that Moses, Thank you.

I really like that tree but the more I look at it the more see it's fake.

https://goo.gl/images/8owb9N

And here iit is again with addition.

Am I wrong ?

• Moses, Western PA., zone 5/6, USA

Anna,

You have a strong point on the photo being faked. Certainly the closeup shot of a fruited fig branch is not seen anywhere on the pictured, potted tree.

Can such a young tree have so many figs, mostly ripe ones on it, and all at one time? It can happen, but that is not the norm.

It almost looks like a very productive branch from a large tree was cut off, stuck in a pot, and a photo of it was taken immediately, before it could wilt.

The first photo you provided is supposedly a Chicago Hardy, whose fruit is not black/purple, but brown with amber tones.

The second photo is the same tree with a miraculously longer trunk having more growth and more figs on it, but growing in the same pot with the same bottom growth in both photos. The background settings are different in both photos. The first one is a garden setting, while the second is a dock with a boat in the water in that setting.

Moses

• Jack wo

It is like most advising on TV, E.X. MacDonald's burgers, They always look big, meaty on TV, However, When you buy them they are Tiny burgers with tiny beef patties ..

It seems that trees produce big figs.

By the way, Chicago hardy is one of great fig tree from MT Etna,

• bluemoonlight

Thanks for your comment.

Moses, you asking, " In what way do you find that HC fig tree remarkable enough to ask question how to grow such a tree ?"

I am taking about the first picture that I posted.

When I saw that picture for the first film, it seemed to me that the tree is mamaybe in its third season and its planted, I was guessing 2 1/2 gallon container.

I realized after about 30 seconds that it un usual if not impossible to have that many fig's ripening at the same time on one !

Looking at the surrounding and background is when I noticed the picture is made up, that it is not real !

But I still like the look of it.

To answer your question

Moses wat I like about that picture is the First impression.

My question was and is, can one keep it in these size ?

How would I go about pruning it to stay just this small ?

Jack wo,

Yes you right, I totally agreed with you Hardy Chicago is one excellent fig and that they are doing good job at advertising to only their benefit!

Who knows why that picture was made for !

Maybe somebody was practicing cutting pictures and putting it together like puzzle .