Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elizabeth1003

Do they have to match??

elizabeth1003
5 years ago

My oven died. I am seriously considering upgrading from an smooth top electric range to an induction range. All my other appliances are white. Can I do stainless for the induction range? Most of what I am seeing in induction freestanding ranges are stainless.

Comments (19)

• PRO
    Cinar Interiors, Inc.
    5 years ago

It's your home, do as you wish. I have stainless and black stainless in my kitchen.

It only matters if you plan to sell the home.

elizabeth1003 thanked Cinar Interiors, Inc.
  • elizabeth1003
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thank you both! I really don't want to be limited in choice just because it have this notion that they should match. I got over that they all had to be the same brand awhile ago thank goodness (I love my Bosch dishwasher)

• townlakecakes
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Hi, Javiwa! Don’t want to hijack this thread but wondering if you ever got a satisfactory resolution on your cabinets and counters. Have you posted about and I missed while I was gone? Post a link to the thread if you don’t mind.

ETA we had stainless and black before remodeling and it never bothered me even a little.

• javiwa
    5 years ago

Hey there, townlakecakes! I'll message you separately so we can spare the OP, unless anyone's dying to know. Short answer to both: nope. I mean, settled and moved on with life, but by no means satisfied. I posted an objective, detailed, one-star review about the cabinets, and the company's attorney(s) sent a very threatening letter. No bueno.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    5 years ago

Get the appliance that WORKS . In stainless

elizabeth1003 thanked JAN MOYER
  • cpaul1
    5 years ago

You should be making the investment to upgrade all of your appliances to stainless. So if the oven is the first one, great. Get stainless and then as the others die or need to be replaced, then replace those with stainless one by one until you get a complete stainless set.

• dan1888
    5 years ago

Bosch 800 or Benchmark are two models along with the Friidaire products. Once you use induction you'll be thinking only of the dramatic performance difference. Plus the simple cleanup.

• Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    5 years ago

Matching is overrated. Stainless goes with everything.

• Rita / Bring Back Sophie 4 Real
    5 years ago

You will not regret induction. Don't think twice about matching. Change out appliances when their time comes. Bosch does induction very well and is generally a good value.

• Mrs Pete
    5 years ago

We had mismatched appliances for the first couple years we lived in this house, and I hate-hate-hated it. I was so glad when the range died, and I could replace it. I would not purposefully enter into a mismatched situation.

• Manon Floreat
    5 years ago

If you like the stainless look, get your induction stainless range. It will be perfectly content to keep company with your white appliances. I like how this person not only mixed appliance finishes but added brass cabinet pulls and fixtures into the mix.

• Joy Wills
    5 years ago

GE has their Café induction in white with brass handles. So beautiful, but completely the opposite of our color scheme. I went with the single over stainless instead.

• ShadyWillowFarm
    5 years ago
    Can’t you get stainless fronts for the dishwasher? I remodeled my kitchen a few years ago and got all my appliances between Black Friday and the day after Christmas- huge deals to be had this time of year. Maybe do one or two a year if budget is an issue.
  • Judy Mishkin
    5 years ago

my comfort zone is stainless + 1 other finish. so white and stainless. or black and stainless. but not black and white. definitely not bisque and white.

• elizabeth1003
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    I’m going to go shopping tomorrow and see what I find. Thank you to everyone who replied. I certainly have a lot to consider.
  • Mona
    5 years ago

I have a white fridge and the rest stainless. I think it looks fine.

• Judy Mishkin
    5 years ago

mona, some day if you can go to a counter depth fridge (with maybe an additional fridge in basement or garage) it would really open up that doorway. nice kitchen.

• Mona
    5 years ago

@ninigret thanks! yup I will get counter depth once this fridge dies. I just wasn't willing to part with it yet. Also there are three other doorways into the kitchen, this one is the least used so it's really not an issue, I'd switch to counter depth for aesthetics only.