Software
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_13372

How do I blend my unique range with the rest of the kitchen hardware?

We bought a farmhouse and are in the process of renovating including creating a French country kitchen. We purchased the jewel of our kitchen which is a 36” stainless steel Hallman dual range with polished brass hardware. While I love the look of this oven, I would hate to see polish brass as every hardware including faucet, drawer knobs and pulls, lighting fixtures, etc. It is important to mention that the rest of our large appliances are regular stainless steel handles and face. It is also noteworthy to say that I am open to antique or aged brass hardware, but I am nervous that it will clash with the polished one on the oven. I have included, 1) The design inspiration and layout of our kitchen (Minor difference in the layout is that we have a window on each side of the range) 2) image of our oven, 3) a picture of our cabinets-Cliqustudio Dayton white, quartz countertop (Daltile-Carrara Veil- unfortunately it was the only one close enough to what we wanted in color to fit our 10 foot island) and backsplash tile (Floor & Decor -Stratford Decorative Porcelain)


The pros always say, “doing your own home is alway the most challenging“, and my colleages weren‘t joking. I appreciate your feedback, thank you!








Comments (16)

  • 7 years ago

    I’d mix some brass and some stainless - brass faucet for example and then stainless pulls.

    I’m also kind of boring though, so take my suggestion with this into account. ;)

  • PRO
    7 years ago

    I would have kept the backsplash simple and let the range be the star with brass hardware or maybe stainless hardware and brass lighting. I think to over do the brass witll actually take away from the stove,

  • PRO
    7 years ago

    I would suggest keeping the hardware of your cabinets the color of the cabinets . You are correct having brass everywhere would be too much mixed with so many different elements.

    J Design Group - Miami Interior Designers
    225 Malaga Ave
    Coral Gables, FL 33134
    Ph: 305-444-4611
    https://www.JDesignGroup.com

    Hannah Weiser-Gerike thanked J Design Group - Interior Designers Miami - Modern
  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Hmmm white hardware on a white cabinet (in the context of the OP’s inspiration pic)....I have to say I disagree. Stick w the inspiration pic so either the aged brass or matte black. And notice how the inspiration pic also mixes in the brushed brass w the pot filler...really it’s ok to mix it up but white wouldn’t be on my list at all.

    Hannah Weiser-Gerike thanked thinkdesignlive
  • 7 years ago

    However - it's also important to take into consideration your whole house hardware. You have idea books with 'modern farmhouse' themes with brushed stainless door handles, etc and also black. I'd be inclined to have your pulls take their cue from your overall scheme and the faucet could then tie into the brass of the stove or a pot filler if you have one. Black would fall off my list IF your whole house scheme was brushed stainless. Make sense?

    Hannah Weiser-Gerike thanked thinkdesignlive
  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    No need to match hardware to the brass...in fact probably should not. the stove handles and knobs have a spherical shape present in the design....which stands out in a way. I would be sure to not clash with that ...as in squared knobs or right angles on handles. Think rounded, curved, spheres ..in stainless..and you'll be fine. It might be fun to bring that shape in to the search and see what comes up.

    Hannah Weiser-Gerike thanked herbflavor
  • 7 years ago

    I would suggest polished nickel for all other hardware. It has a shiny reflective surface. But, it's softer in appearance than polished chrome. This will recede and allow the polished brass on the stove to be the star.

    Hannah Weiser-Gerike thanked homechef59
  • 7 years ago
    I think polished or matte nickel will look good. If you wanted one brass piece, like a faucet, it wouldn’t compete with your stove. Placement of the stove will give it a “center stage” spotlight and its style will get all the attention anyway.
    Send photos as you progress!
    Hannah Weiser-Gerike thanked RedRyder
  • PRO
    7 years ago

    I have a range with brass knobs and handle ends with stainless bars. I went with wrought iron for my shelving brackets and drawer and cabinet hardware. My pendants also have black hardware. I've got a brushed stainless steel faucets and my other appliances are stainless steel.

    I think you always needs some black in every room and I like the look of the mixed metals as I find it as interest and depth to the kitchen.

    I would also say that if you do go with some brass, the polished brass on your stove will quickly patina and looked aged.

    Hannah Weiser-Gerike thanked Deck The Halls
  • 7 years ago

    Thank you to everyone for responding. My stove is directly parallel with the sink much like in the inspiration image. And someone has nail my concept exactly which is that I am indeed attempting to replicate the inspiration kitchen as much as possible. My cabinets unfortunately won't be dove grey as there was now really white quartz that fit our 10+ feet island. And the backsplash you see in the image is $63 per sq ft with my designer discount so I had to improvise. As mention our is a farmhouse so the walls are white shiplapped as in the inspiration picture which is why I won't be doing white backsplash. Our rustic French furniture is grey and white. I'll post pics when the whole thing is complete.

  • 7 years ago
    What about glass/clear knobs and pulls?
  • PRO
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Not loving back splash with counter top, sorry. Satin nickel pulls, a nod to brass, WITH a warmer and much more mellow finish in lighting.

    Check to see if the brass will deepen down with time and use.........on the range. ?

  • 7 years ago

    Love the kitchen in the inspiration pic.

    I don’t see any reason to let the brass on the range change the rest of the finishes. I would stick with brass knobs and pulls. Nothing about brushed or satin nickel pulls says French farmhouse. Iron, brass, copper, ORB, or pewter. And since theyve used iron and brass, stick with it

    Hannah Weiser-Gerike thanked townlakecakes
  • 7 years ago

    Hannah- Did you finish your kitchen with carrara veil countertops? If so how have they held up and what hardware finishes did you end up with?

    Have any pictures if you don't mind sharing?

  • 7 years ago

    Check out this, and pendants to match from Peared Creation. They are sold here on Houzz. This fixture is $105. Can you re-trim the edge of your hood with brass too?

    White and Raw Brass Modern Industrial Wall Sconce · More Info