0

Floor & Decor product reviews needed

Chris Wittman

I am looking to have Maganda Hand Scraped Locking Stranded Engineered Bamboo put down in my kitchen and foyer. I can not find any reviews of this product anywhere. Has anyone had this product installed and have any reviews on it?

The Cook's Kitchen

I would recommend that you connect with a good professional flooring installer, who has access to better quality materials from better sources. That is not a product or a source that I would ever recommend. Bamboo has issues anywhere in the country that has a humid climate. F&D is a direct Chinese importer, or small overruns and seconds seller.

• townlakecakes

I have bought tile there and really like their maipei grout and cement products. I have been tempted by their low prices with regard to their engineered wood floor, but at the end of the day couldn’t bring myself to spend still a large sum of money on a low quality product. The fact that you can’t find reviews for pretty much any of their floors can’t be a good sign.

• writersblock

I used to be pretty much a fan of F&D when they sold a lot of remaindered stuff, but since their big expansion last year, the overall quality of what they carry seems to have gone down. I'm guessing they made themselves big enough to make it worthwhile to have a lot more stuff manufactured for them.

Aside from the potential quality issues I'd tread cautiously because there is definitely a very specific F&D look these days. I can always tell when a house is a flip and they did their shopping there. That's not a look that will age well.

But to be fair I don't know that lack of reviews is a sign either for good or ill, because now they change their whole line every few months even though it all always looks exactly the same.

Need help with a Houzz order? Call us at 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun)