0

Offset front windows

amiv

i think you can see the problem! The four front windows are offset (especially bottom right!)... trying to figure out how to make them look more even (or embrace their “off-setness?!”)? I was thinking shutters (cut different sizes?)?? Help! (Any other design ideas welcome!) Thank you!

• ninigret

landscaping will be your friend. a nice tree this side of the path will screen the lower windows sufficiently that passersby wont be lining them up with the upper ones.

amiv thanked ninigret
  • mimimomy

It looks like you're in the midst of construction. Now is the time to remedy this situation. I usually can embrace stuff, but I cannot embrace this :(

Sorry :( Landscape is the only answer, different sized shutters will emphasize the issue in my opinion.

amiv thanked mimimomy
    Carolina Kitchen & Bath

Depending on who's responsible and what the cost is, I'd move them right now. If you can't do that, then bushes.

amiv thanked Carolina Kitchen & Bath
  • amiv

Thank you all so much! Not sure what looks like we’re in the midst of construction. :| This house was built in ‘79! (I believe the downstairs was a garage, converted sometime in the 80’s-90’s?) We bought the house as a foreclosure and are trying to fix it up best we can to sell. (in other words, no chance in moving the windows, just have to make them look the best we can - or not look! ;) So, landscaping, huh? Bushes won’t be tall enough to cover, but a tree you think to kinda hide just that one window? Also, would shutters on the top windows add interest/appeal? It seems so plain to me...

Carolina Kitchen & Bath

What about the tall slender junipers (I think) in this photo? These look like they've been pruned to be very slim, but you can get bigger ones. Go to a garden center (or ask on the garden forums) for something like this. I'm not a plant person, so this is the best I can do.

Classical entryway · More Info

amiv thanked Carolina Kitchen & Bath
  • mimimomy

It doesn't look like there is any siding to my eyes and patching around windows... looked like sheathing to me, but could be my eyes and the photo :)

Sorry!

amiv thanked mimimomy
  • amiv

No, don’t be sorry! I was curious for purposes of possibly fixing what made it look like that, is all. The house is stucco, and you’re right, the windows were replaced & patched (before we purchased). We are having it painted, so hopefully that will take care of that (Although not those metal supports showing through the stucco, apparently, that can’t be fixed.) I like the idea of cypress trees, the Mediterranean feel...funny, we chopped down two large ones by the large front window, when we first bought the house. lol! Any other landscaping ideas, or ways to add interest to these four front

windows (or anything!), please comment! Thank you so much!

• amiv

Thank you all again, for taking time to ponder, and comment! You're help is so appreciated!

Need help with a Houzz order? Call us at 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun)