0

Cabinet Paint Color Advice

We are in the process of updating a house for resale and I have to pick a SW paint color to paint kitchen cabinets and bathrooms by tomorrow morning!(long story). Paint colors in house are Gossamer Veil and Silver Strand, and trim is Alabaster. Countertops are marble (with a touch of jade green in them...another long story) Anyone have advice on the top two or three white colors to look for at Sherwin Williams? Thanks in advance as I am of course in a little bit of a panic

Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design

Can you post a picture?

If you're updating to sell though I don't recommend painting cabinets. It's a very long and tiring process to DIY them and getting it professionally done is almost as much as new cabinets. Spending money on a cabinet update very rarely gives you a return when it comes time to sell.

Kimberly Shackelford thanked Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
  • emmarene9

Extra White, Pure White and it won't be a sin if you use Alabaster on the cabinets. Good luck and share a picture later.

Kimberly Shackelford thanked emmarene9
  • arcy_gw

What a waste of time!! Painting wood is a very personal choice. Most buyers don't want the upkeep. If they are wood/stain now DON'T DO IT. Other wise white is your safest, classic #2 option.

Kimberly Shackelford thanked arcy_gw
  • Kimberly Shackelford

Thank you all so much for your input. Unfortunately, I had to paint the cabinets. The house was rented for 7 years and the oak finish was destroyed. It would have been more costly to sand and restain than to paint. Believe me it was a hard decision to pull the trigger on. I ended up going with SW Snowbound for the cabinets and did the center island in SW Dovetail. Fingers crossed that it turns out ok. As I stated I had to make the decision very quickly. We did use a professional cabinets person at least. Pretty sure I lost several years off my life that day :/ I will post pics when it is complete.

Need help with a Houzz order? Call us at 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun)