0

Laelia Anceps!!!

First bloom for me and she's a beauty! Purchased in April and has been spiking for what seems like forever. 2 spikes of 3 blooms each. No fragrance that I can detect.

• jane__ny

Looks like a painting! Beautiful!!

Jane

suzabanana (6b Boston/N. Shore) thanked jane__ny
  • shavedmonkey (Harvey in South Fl.)Z10b

Nice growing! Blooming orchids in Boston in December. Well done!

suzabanana (6b Boston/N. Shore) thanked shavedmonkey (Harvey in South Fl.)Z10b
  • stanofh 10a Hayward,Ca S.F. bay area

Beauty. For me outdoors here...not so happy grown on cork. Skipped blooming last year and nothing this..but has grown. If nothing happens soon..put it in a pot. I can water and give it the right light easier.

suzabanana (6b Boston/N. Shore) thanked stanofh 10a Hayward,Ca S.F. bay area
  • Paul MI

Gent from my old os used to grow these. Was always trying to talk me into growing one. Had to keep telling him that while I absolutely loved the flowers, I simply did not have room for a plant with a 4ft + flower stalk. :-)

I'm susprised, Stan. Would have though growing and flowering one mounted would be fairly easy in your area.

• stanofh 10a Hayward,Ca S.F. bay area

It bloomed the first winter outdoors. Now that its double the stems? Nothing. Can't be too much shade but thats all I can think of. The King palms for now are making some shade. I should post a pic.

btw- Its got roots over the cork and on to the trunk of the palm. It looks fine.

• myermike_1micha

Suzabanana,

You grew that in Boston? I live 20 minutes from you! Did you grow it outside and then bring it inside? Did you flower that solely inside? And what kind of light did you give it? Such a great job and a beautiful picture))

suzabanana (6b Boston/N. Shore) thanked myermike_1micha
  • suzabanana (6b Boston/N. Shore)

I bought it at the Lyman Estate Orchid sale in April. It summered outside and I brought it in middle of October. It flowered several weeks ago. It's still blooming and is gorgeous :) We'll see what happens next year...

• Sheila

Beautiful bloom!