0

Cabinet/Drawer hardware

swillsh
last modified: December 6, 2018

I just had Misterio Quartz countertops installed along with a greyish subway tile

backsplash. White grout to be installed tomorrow. Cabinets are Maple. I would love to have gold or champagne hardware. Wondering what your thoughts are on Maple cabinets with gold hardware.

Thank YOU

• Lois B
    How about brass instead of gold? They’re much easier to find and polished brass fixtures are coming back.....
    swillsh thanked Lois B
    Beth H. :

I'm not sure I like that particular handle. a gold/brass could work. what about the lighting and the faucet? what are they?

swillsh thanked Beth H. :
  • swillsh

The faucet is brushed chrome. The lights over the island are an oil-rubbed bronze?

• Irene Morresey
    Some inspiration
    swillsh thanked Irene Morresey
    Beth H. :

chrome, ORB and now gold? mixing metals is ok, mixing too many w/o any direction can look off. can you change one of those to the gold? or, lets see the light. in fact, show the entire kitchen

swillsh thanked Beth H. :
  • swillsh

I will do that tomorrow, when there is better lighting. Yes, although the pendant lights are only 6 months old, I am willing to change them too.

Beth H. :

you may be able to mix all three. hard to say w/o seeing everything. (and, you may be able to spray the lights rather than replace :)

swillsh thanked Beth H. :
  • swillsh

That would be great if I could spray the lights. I've actually been considering it. Are you thinking gold?

Anglophilia

I find it so funny that everyone now calls polished brass hardware "gold". I love polished brass hardware and used it in my own kitchen. It's also on every hinge and doorknob in my house. It's a classic.

Beth H. :

gold, brass, aged brass, champagne gold, french gold, polished gold,,etc. We've come along ways since the shiny gold/brass of the 60's. They do have many different shades now. and yes, I call those gold. like this

brass has more of a darker tone to the metal, IMO.

swillsh thanked Beth H. :
  • swillsh

OK, as promised here's a wider shot with better lighting.

Beth H. :

very nice. I think you definitely need larger handles for your upper doors. knobs there are just too small since those cabs are tall. I think doing a soft brushed gold would look nice.

this is a good size

I like these lights too. just enough gold w/the white globe to accent the tile.

If you like the knobs and cup pulls w/a polished gold:

an aged brass handle, brass pendants

or, if you want to keep the lights, tie in the black w/two tone

swillsh thanked Beth H. :
  • swillsh

Beth! Thank you for all of that.I truly appreciate your help.

I am just so excited to know that I can have the gold. OK, so now I'm wondering if a pendant with black and gold would help to tie in the rest of the hinges and door knobs throughout the house, which are oil rubbed bronze.

Also, you mentioned replacing the upper cabinet knobs with handles. Just those, then and not the lower cabinets?

Beth H. :

I like that light. the black and gold is a nice choice. This one has all three colors

as for handles, I just meant that knob seems small. of course you would match top and bottom. do you like knobs for the doors? handles? you can use the handles for the lowers (I was just trying to suggest something that will work w/your existing holes. on the upper doors, you would just need one more hole since you can use the existing one for the handles) is there a style you like better?

swillsh thanked Beth H. :
  • swillsh

The current hardware was there when we moved in, so they aren't ones that I chose. I do like the idea of handles on the upper cabinets, matching the drawers. I just wasn't sure if you were suggesting knobs on the lowers. You are the expert, after all :) Below is the pic of the kitchen, close to the way it was when we moved in. The house is 3 years old and the kitchen was way too dark for me. We've been here about a year and a half now and are slowly making changes.

swillsh thanked Beth H. :
    Beth H. :

yes, I like those too that one may be a brighter gold. order a few of different colors and see what you like

swillsh thanked Beth H. :
  • swillsh

Oh, good idea!

• lindastein

following ...

• swillsh

Okey Doke, we replaced cabinet pulls with gold cabinet pulls along with replacing the pendant lights with gold, black and glass lights. Per an earlier suggestion, we added under cabinet lighting. The counters and backsplash were switched out also. Overall, I'm very happy. I would have loved to have replaced the cabinets as well, but it was not in our budget. Thank you so much for all of your help!

• lindastein

Looks great - good job!

Beth H. :

my goodness,,,what a difference! looks very nice (nothing wrong with your cabinets!)

swillsh thanked Beth H. :

Need help with a Houzz order? Call us at 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun)