Software
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_553263610

Help fast - Agreeable Gray walls and which white?

7 years ago

Which SW white can I put on my kitchen cabinets that will go with Agreeable Gray walls in a north facing room? I finally decided on Agreeable Gray for the walls in the living room that also extends into the kitchen area but now I have to pick a cabinet color that will go with the Cambria Brittanica quartz and Agreeable Walls? I have been scouring the internet for ideas since I am starting from scratch and I've read that SW Heron White, SW Incredible White, and SW Snowbound would go. I don't want an "in your face stark white". I can't test the colors in my space bc we haven't moved in yet.

Can someone help me?

Comments (15)

  • 7 years ago

    Honestly for high traffic areas like kitchen cabinets I would use a tinted enamel. Much more durable and hard to chip.

    Sue thanked Crystal Christensen
  • 7 years ago

    I am commenting on my own post. I know I can go to the SW store and ask them which white I should choose but I don't feel comfortable asking a 19 year who mixes the paint to make a $8K decision for me. I am looking for real life experiences or people who have an eye for color. Thanks!

  • 7 years ago

    SW Extra White. You can't go wrong.

  • PRO
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    I have personally seen the Agreeable Gray and Incredible White combination and I think it goes well, however I have not seen it combined with the Cambria Brittanica quartz. It's funny you say "in your face stark white" when my reaction when I saw it was "It's not as incredibly white as it sounds"

  • 7 years ago

    SW Alabaster is a soft white that looks great with Agreeable Gray.

  • 7 years ago

    Oh my goodness! Same boat. I have my own thread but am anxious to see what you pick. North facing for me too but I chose the Cambria Torque Quartz and I'm going Dorian Gray for my island. I have samples of Alabaster, Snowbound, Incredible White and Aesthetic White on poster boards. Similar to you I don't want a stark white. Aesthetic White is to Accessible Beige what Incredible White is to Agreeable.

  • 7 years ago
    I am going with Snowbound. I will check the painted boards against the slab. So far I’ve tentatively chosen this backsplash but need to see it in my actual room- I don’t live there now and it’s 6 hours away. Snowbound is in the second picture lower right with Agreeable on the left. Third picture is the kitchen I’m changing. Bar on left is being cut down.
  • 7 years ago
    Addition: the herringbone will go above the stove and subway under cabinets. Rough sketch attached.
  • 7 years ago
    Wysama please post pictures when it’s completed! I can’t use Alabaster bc my room faces north and it falls flat.
  • 7 years ago
    Hi Sue. What color is your trim? I’d match the cabinets to that. I like SW Pure White. It really isn’t a white white, it is an off white and I think it works well with many colors. I think incredible white is too close to Agreeable, and won’t give you the contrast you need and may end up looking dirty next to it.
  • 7 years ago

    Sue it looks beautiful. I don't have my backsplash picked out yet. I'm doing a full house reno. I'm going with Snowbound also. I was afraid Incredible was too light.

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    SW Pure White works well with Agreeable Gray. It's a pretty standard combo.

  • 5 years ago

    I used SW Alabaster for my cabinets and have Agreable gray walls


  • 5 years ago

    Do you have a picture?