0

Time to share your Pink Roses

sara_ann-z6bok

I hadn’t given the color threads much thought, but someone stated they were looking forward to it, and I’m definitely looking forward to everyone else’s photos.

I’ll begin with the color I have the most of, and these aren’t all of them. I tried to use pictures from 2018. In some ways it was a good rose year, but the blooms weren’t the best IMO.

Pink Roses

AUGUSTE RENOIR-Very excited to see what this one does, new in 2018, did really good.

EARTH SONG - Had it several years, has remained small, but grew a lot in 2018

BRIDE‘S DREAM - Love the pretty blooms

GRANDE DAME - Expecting good things from this one in 2019.

PERFUME DELIGHT

LAVENDER LASSIE - New for me in 2108, didn’t do much, but expecting much improvement.

LA FRANCE - Love this one

ORCHID ROMANCE - Always vigorous

PINK PEACE - One of my Favorites for color and fragrance

MOONSTONE - Seems like a very good rose, love it

MARIJKE KOOPMAN

BEWITCHED

KATHLEEN HARROP - A sport of Zephirine Drouhin, seems like it’s becoming as vigorous

MME ISAAC PEREIRE

FREDERIC MISTRAL- Not many blooms yet, but looks like it’s doing good

ALOHA

ZEPHIRINE DROUHIN

TIFFANY

BEVERLY

MME ERNEST CALVAT

• sara_ann-z6bok

Claire, your roses are lovely, they’re all gorgeous! Rosylady, nice blooms of Guy de Maupassant, beautiful rose!

• Lilyfinch z7 mid tn

Gorgeous Claire !! I agree first crush is beautiful for you . Love brother cadfael as well .

Rosy lady , the blooms turn to a lightweight brown crepe paper that is easily brushed off if they don’t blow off. I just run my hand on the branches and they shake off. Renea is a exceptional rose ! Once it got established, it blooms so nicely all summer. It is fragrantly sweet , bees love it and the disease resistantce is great too. Sometimes random areas get black spot but it never suffers from it. I have rozanne geraniums at the base and they weave into the rose too . It’s such a wonderful rose !! In your zone I know it would excell mine quickly. I usually have a lot of dieback in spring because of my zone who should be warm but always gets a wallop of cold in Jan and feb

not to mention smooth flexible canes and thornless

• oursteelers 8B PNW

Beautiful roses, Claire!

• oursteelers 8B PNW

Lilyfinch, amazing as always!

• Kristine LeGault 8a pnw

Lily, your pergola is perfection.

• Lilyfinch z7 mid tn

Thanks y’all :)

• Tammy (southern Ontario 5/6)

I love all these pink roses on this cold, snowy, January morning! Here are mine:

Eden

Earth Angel

Nahema

La Rose de Molinard-the fragrance knocks my socks off! I love it!

Pomponella

Apple Blossom Flower Carpet

Anonymous: Anyone recognize this?

Another Anonymous beauty

Cinderella Fairy Tale (First Year)

A bunch of pink garden roses with some dahlias...and the ever elusive Poodle Rose. *grin*

New Dawn

sara_ann-z6bok thanked Tammy (southern Ontario 5/6)
  • oursteelers 8B PNW

I just can’t get over how pretty Pomponella is!

• Rosylady (PNW zone 8)

Tammy...your first anonymous rose looks like Zepherine Zrouhin to me, and what a gorgeous specimen!!! I have tried to grow it twice here and it NEVER looked like that. I may have to try again :)

lilyfinch...thank you for the extra Renae pictures. Your pergola is absolutely incredible! One thing I like about Renae is the unusual foliage. Would you say her scent wafts, or do you have to get close to smell her?

I love this thread! Everyone has such great pictures!

• sara_ann-z6bok

Tammy, your roses are gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing them.

• palytoxin

Lilyfinch, I love your roses and garden. I have been eyeing Eden and Belinda‘s dream for a while, but their reputation is very inconsistent in zone 5. For the same reason, I had PJP II in my shopping cart several times but couldn’t pull the trigger.

Claire

• Tiffandrew-So.CA/9b

Wow, I love all these pinks! Great thread Sara Ann! Your Marijke Koopman is gorgeous! As is Bewitched and all of the rest!
    Kristine, I didn't realize you grew so many pinks too! Beautiful! Your Olivia rose is always tempting to me.
    Kate your pomponella is a vision! I also love your Pretty Jessica, the blooms are such a pretty pink. Peter Mayor looks great next to the smaller pale yellow rose too.
    I like your mystery pink rose Ikayet, pretty petals she has!
    Flowers, Magna Charts and Rosarium Uetersen are so gorgeous, I'm a sucker for a rich pink like those!
    Lilyfinch, your whole garden set up is so serene. Dames Dr chenonceau is so pretty, as is your climbing rebar.
    Mossy, your Gertrude Jekyl pic is lovely and I hope my strawberry hills grow up to look like yours! Princess Charlene is on my wish list, what pretty frilly petals!
    And Rosylady your bouquet of Guy de Maupassant is gorgeous!
    Claire, Ancient Mariner is a looker! I haven't seen too many pictures of this one!
    I'm trying to figure out why I don't grow more pinks! I only have 2. New strawberry hills and pretty in pink Eden. I'm thinking of picking up a Boscobell to add though. I need to rethink pinks!

sara_ann-z6bok thanked Tiffandrew-So.CA/9b
  • vaporvac

I meant to mention Jean Lajoie is gorgeous. So MANY beautiful pinks! I could write a chapter on everyone's roses. These two threads have FINALLY induced me to organize my phone pics by rose name. With over 2000 pics it's taking a while, but I'll post some when I'm done. I'm leaving reds for last. : ) Otherwise, it takes me forever to find them.

• flowersaremusic z5 Inland NW

Vapor, I opened an Instagram account solely for the purpose of organizing my roses by name and year. You can have a private account so no one else sees your photos if you prefer. There's a function on my computer to organize photos and I will use it, someday. For now, Instagram is a quick option.

• Kristine LeGault 8a pnw

Talk about enabling and tempting. There are such incredible shades of pink.

I wish that I had a white picket fence. Oh what I could do with a white fence and pink roses

• flowersaremusic z5 Inland NW

Kristine, you are a true romantic!

• Rosylady (PNW zone 8)

flowersaremusic...I follow you on Instagram!! I LOVE looking at your pictures!

Instagram gave me some suggestions of people I might want to check out, and I recognized your name from these forums :)

• flowersaremusic z5 Inland NW

Rosylady, do you use the same name on Instagram?

• Sylvia Weiser Wendel

I had to write four days, but today this is opening up. Dr. Grill, ten minutes ago,

Woops, pardon my foot!

Loved all those pinks, and every pink.

Sylvia

sara_ann-z6bok thanked Sylvia Weiser Wendel
  • vaporvac

That is so pretty, Sylvia. It reminds me of an opening New Dawn.

• Kristine LeGault 8a pnw

Sara ann, since you grow both Belindas Dream an Orchid Romance, I need your advice.

I want a nice pink backdrop behind my new garden bench . I have narrowed it down to those two. I hear so many good reviews on BD but not much information on Orchid Romance. I am going by your glorious pictures. Do you have any full bush shots ?

• monarda_gw

1) Scattered bloom on the Chestnut Rose, Brooklyn Botanic Garden, July 29 (!!), 2018

2) Sweet Pea, June 10, 2018, at Brooklyn Botanic Garden, June 10, 2018 - So healthy and vigorous, really nice.
    Jasmina, a climber, Brooklyn Botanic Garden, June 10, 2018, remarkably healthy and vigorous. Blooms in clusters of small, down-facing flowers.

sara_ann-z6bok thanked monarda_gw
  • vaporvac

Thanks monarda! I ordered the Chestnut Rose for spring!

Kristine, OR was highly recommended by a Ky rose growing as one of her favourites. However, it looked pretty ratty at the KyU arboretum. Maybe it was the late frosts. I'm super happy with my Belinda's Dream! Once I finish arranging my pics I'll post one of it. The colour is gorgeous, but mine is still small. I'm not sure how large it will eventually get. Very Healthy as regards BS. I have it planted with my pathetic Quietness, the fantastic double Pink Knock-out, Marie Pavie and Awakening.

• Rosylady (PNW zone 8)

flowersaremusic....I wish rosylady was my Instagram name! It was already taken, so I'm going by andlan222 until I think of something better :)

monarda...every time I see a picture of Jasmina I wonder if I should get it. It's beautiful!

• flowersaremusic z5 Inland NW

You're right - there are a LOT of rosylady posters on IG.

As for Jasmina, one of mine took awhile to settle in, but she is planted at the base of a tree. The other one along a picket fence took off immediately. It's a new band, but definitely sending out long, climbing canes. She should love your climate.

• monarda_gw

On arch James Galway; front, Sonia Rykiel; back left Yolande d'Aragon in my back yard, May 28, 2018.

• Kristine LeGault 8a pnw

Vap, thanks for the heads up. Still torn but leaning toward Belindas Dream. It sounds like it has the potential to fill a large area

How do I follow someone on Instagram?

• monarda_gw

I would have liked Jasmina on my back or side fence but unfortunately no room. Have one on order as a wedding present for a friend.

• flowersaremusic z5 Inland NW

Kristine, click on the name above the photo. That takes you to their gallery. If you want to follow, click on the follow icon next to their name. If you want to unfollow, click on it again. You won't get locked into something you can't get out of. It's easy to navigate and it's free. You can like or comment without following. By following, you are assured of seeing their latest post.

If you go there, try to find some of the Japanese gardens. It's very humbling.

• 445_doheny

Vaporvac, thanks. I’ve always loved the look of New Dawn but hesitated to grow it because I’ve heard it never stops growing .. and I don’t have the space.

• steve_gw

Kristen Singer Ht

• Kristine LeGault 8a pnw

Steve, that is a perfect rose

• dublinbay z6 (KS)

Perfect!

Kate

• Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
    Wow, I am just drooling here looking at every one's pics. They are all so beautiful with lovely gardens. I can't get enough and Sara Ann, thank you for this thread. I keep coming back and looking at the pics. They are all amazing and gorgeous.
    Thank you all :)
    jin
  • Deborah KYzone6

Another interesting and enabling thread, Sara Ann. Your La France is gorgeous. I may need to try that one. Do you get much winter dieback?

• Desertgarden-Las Vegas, Z9a/ PA Zone 6

Belinda's Deam

Mme. Isaac Perierre

Pleasure

Paul Neyron

Aloha

Souvenir de la Malmaison

PAoK

sara_ann-z6bok thanked Desertgarden-Las Vegas, Z9a/ PA Zone 6

Duchesse de Brabrant

Radio Times

Grandmother's Hat

Bishop's Castle

• vaporvac

WoW! Those are fantastic! I especially like Pleasures which is new to me, and also DdB. It's amazing how similar Aloha looks to Summer Romance in that pic. You just gave me a planting idea! ; ) Thanks!

• Deborah KYzone6

Okay. Here are some of my pinks.

Thomasville Old Gold on a pink day.

Therese Bugnet

Raubritter

Summer Romance

Belinda’s Dream

Lovely Fairy

The Fairy

sara_ann-z6bok thanked Deborah KYzone6
  • vaporvac

Raubritter!!!!!!!!!

• oursteelers 8B PNW

Desertgarden your pinks are scrumptious! I wish RadioTimes had a different name...or I was a different person that didn’t get pulled in or turned off by names...

• Deborah KYzone6

Pinks, part 2.

Cottage Rose

Jean Bach Sisley

Quietness

Fire Opal

Clotilde Soupert

Climbing Pinkie

Ispahan

Soupert et Notting

Peggy Martin

Scarborough Fair

Summer Wind

Star of the Republic

St. Swithun

Mel’s Heritage

sara_ann-z6bok thanked Deborah KYzone6
  • monarda_gw

I feel like the old man in the children's book "Millions of Cats." Millions of roses, and each one prettier than the next". These are fantastic. And such great photos.

I cannot agree with you more, Monarda. I especially like seeing full bush shots and roses integrated with other plants/perennials. You all have such beautiful roses and gardens!! In the past, I would have been using this thread to make a shopping list! For now, I am just enjoying the eye candy!

• Kristine LeGault 8a pnw

Well, because of some good reviews on Bishops Castle I just placed an order with David Austin

I didn't see it in the new catalog so Im afraid they might faise it out

I love that it has nice spread and I definitely have room for it to get big rose.

Thanks for the suggestions. I hope mine is as beautiful as some of the pictures that I have seen you posting.

• Arosebyanyother

These are all so beautiful. Pinks are my kryptonite.

Deborah, I love your star of the republic. Mine is orange/salmon to yellow in color depending on the heat. I think that’s so interesting.

• Arosebyanyother

Heratige.

• Deborah KYzone6

Yes, Star of the Republic is usually more of a peach color here, but in cool weather in tends more toward pink. Love your Heritage and friend.

Warm weather shot of SOTR.

• Arosebyanyother

Maybe thats the problem, we just never have cool weather here ;)

*dreamy sigh* I love that rose

• Arosebyanyother

Man oh man, I think I need a queen of Sweden.