Software
Houzz Logo Print
daisyincrete

I'm bored!!!!!!!

Well we have rain, sleet, snow and hail in Crete to-day. Not that I am complaining, After last years drought, I am grateful for any precipitation. Well not hail, it pock marks all the succulents so badly, but I am happy to see rain and snow. So, I have been looking through last years photos and thought I would share some with you. As I have a rubbish memory, I may well have already posted some of these. Please forgive me if you have seen them before.

















Daisy

Comments (19)

  • 7 years ago

    I didn’t realize that Crete got cold enough for snow and sleet.

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked NHBabs z4b-5a NH
  • 7 years ago

    Your garden is just beautiful! Looks somewhat like mine....bold AND beautiful. What

    is the larger yellow rose?

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked pearlgirl
  • 7 years ago

    I didn't realize it snowed in Crete either!! But in bad winter weather, it is always reassuring - and energizing - to look back on what the garden was and will be again :-) I love that it is a riot of color and am envious........in my mostly shady and very small garden, it is hard to generate that much color and I especially miss many of the sun loving perennials and roses I had before. But shade plants can have their own appeal and I am learning to appreciate their subtlety.

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
  • 7 years ago

    Daisy, how I would love to stroll through youe gardens. It is all so charming. What is the bright orange rose ?

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
  • 7 years ago

    Beautiful oh my goodness !!! What is the second rose photo? Oh wow .

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
  • 7 years ago

    Gorgeous Daisy! True garden inspiration!

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked Tiffandrew-So.CA/9b
  • 7 years ago

    Just wonderful, Daisy!

    Kate

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked dublinbay z6 (KS)
  • 7 years ago

    Love the roses!!

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked GardenHo_MI_Z5
  • 7 years ago

    That is the dream!

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
  • 7 years ago

    Google Skiing in Crete!

    Daisy, your garden is a wonder.

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
  • 7 years ago

    There are just not enough superlatives. Under a couple of feet of snow I can only dream.

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
  • 7 years ago

    I cannot think of a garden more wonderful than this. The two photos showing your pond are my favorites because they show a perfect garden composition. Garden structures that raise the roses up high and give them room to show their best really make a garden.

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
  • 7 years ago

    This abundance, color, and underlying structure seem typically "English garden" to me, while the plant choices respect local conditions. Very handsome! I wish we had some of your weather, though not the hail part: we're in full drought here.

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked Melissa Northern Italy zone 8
  • 7 years ago

    The wild flowers of Crete in springtime are a fabulous sight.

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
  • 7 years ago

    Oh my! Your garden is magical. You may repost the same photos over and over and I won't complain!

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
  • 7 years ago

    I hardly know what words to use that will adequately describe my delight in seeing your garden pictures. I’m in absolute awe by the beautiful retreat you’ve created. I hope you’re bored quite often if we are to be treated to this sort of splendor, as a result. Of course I mean this in the nicest possible way:) Thank you very much Daisy! Lisa

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked Lisa Adams
  • 7 years ago

    Every time I see your pictures I go outside and try to will my little twig babies to grow! So pretty :)

    daisyincrete Z10? 905feet/275 metres thanked Amanda Zone10Socal
  • 7 years ago

    Thank-you Pearlgirl, the large flowered yellow rose in the last photo, is Golden Celebration. Is that the one you meant? Teasing Georgia is the large growing yellow rose at the back of the seventh photo.

    Kristine the orange rose is Pat Austin. It is in a pot. It has been in the same pot now for nine years, but still seems happy.

    Lilyfinch, it is Cornelia in the second rose photo with a couple of Abraham Darby blooms joining it.

    Gardengal and Floral, the wild flowers here are gorgeous. This month all the Anemone coronaria will be flowering all along the road sides and in the olive groves. They will be joined by loads of Clematis cirrhosa. The first winter/spring I spent here, I was told to look out for the wild orchids. I thought they would be hard to find. I didn't know there would be fields of them!

    Daisy


    The local wild Clematis cirrhosa.


    Some of the local wild anemones on some local wasteground.



    One of the local orchid strewn meadows.

Sponsored
AIS Renovations
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County, Ohio