0

Hosta I 2018 ....

Today is I. There are not to many hostas under this letter. So if you want post your fur babies too. So lets see some Is and some furry guys:

• sherrygirl zone5 N il

Four fur babies here, no green “i” babies.

Jack
    Zoe
    Emily, Abby and Zoe ignoring the camera. Ahhh, some hosta in pots in the background!

Sherry

• Shadow -4A-NB Canada

Invincible

Ivory Coast- Zoe damage ( lol )

Zoe. She is only 8 months in this photo. Hopefully next year will know where the boundaries are.

Sam. Bernese Pyrenees Mix, who tries to keep Zoe in line. They are a year apart. Sam is very well behaved.

Tigger.

Abby

Thanks for looking and looking forward to some awesome "I's" and cute fur babies.

• Shadow -4A-NB Canada

Sherry-. We have common pet names!!! I had a Jack(cat) , she was Tigger's mom. I lost her in 2017. We have a Zoe and an Abby . We use to call Jack.............Jackiegirl. !!! The boys named her and you can't tell a 5 yrs old it's a boy name. Just put it this way. It was a better name than Pussy (our first cat as a family). My DH would go out at night looking for the cat and calling out its name.

The neighbors thought we were weirdo's. Now they know. Because now I guess I roll around on the ground and play dead with the dogs. In reality, I am taking hosta pictures.

Happy Friday All!!

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

ice cream

iona

island charm

inniswood

and one i named indiana bob

you challenged me.. when you said there werent many .. lol .. ken

ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida thanked ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
  • oursteelers 8B PNW

None of my I’s are picture worthy yet so here are some furbabies

Shortcake and Cannoli

Cookie

Piper

Roo (Rooney for the family that owns the Steelers)

• sunnywood 5aChazyNY

Ice Follies

Imperial Palace

Island Breeze

Ivory Coast

Ivory Qkeen doing its thing!

Invincible

Irish Luck

KC trying to fit in?

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

Wonderful I's and fur babies! Paula you should keep challenging Ken.

Independence with seedlings of.

Indigo

Invincible with a gold seedling of it. Sorry about the mess!

Itsy Bitsy Spider

Luke on a wet day.

What??? Always photo bombing.

Luke loves the snow more than I do!

• Karin Black Cat

My little helper and below the neighbours cat, he has been a guest all summer long :-)

• nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis

I love everyone's fur babies..and Intriguing I hostas..there's probably a hosta named Intrigue ha!..I have several Invincible but no pics..no domesticated fur babies but I have a favorite wild one..we call him Nubby..I don't even know if he's a he..don't know what happened to his tail..been coming by for several years..Karin is it my imagination or does your guest cat have a short tail?..ken - I like indiana bob..

a cartoon that I think is funny.. :-)

• mae (zone 5b On)

Here's K She barks at anything that moves.

Here's Ice Cream. This is one of the hostas that was infested heavily with nematodes. I picked off lots of leaves but never got ahead of the nems. I'm going to heat treat it in the spring...hope it doesn't melt to mush. It's days might be numbered.

And Inniswood

• mae (zone 5b On)

Love the pet pics!

I'm wondering if the ID on all the posted Invincibles is correct....I thought it always came with lots of slug holes!

Adding Ivory Coast to my wish list.

• steve duggins - Ohio

I'm going to post some 'I's whether they deserve it or not. It should make the other pics all seem better, right? Sometimes, I even let my wife buy a Hosta. Here, she thought she was getting a Stolen Kiss, but ended up with an Illicit Affair.

First year for Inniswood - I had to get one since Inniswood Gardens is near, right?
    I think I might take a picture of Irish Luck a little sooner next year:

Perhaps these two pics of Island Breeze will make up for those others.

and our two doodles

• mae (zone 5b On)

Steve, I haven't stopped laughing since I saw your Irish Luck photo! Really nice petioles. Thanks for posting :)

• Karin Black Cat

No Ann, it is just a bad perspective. Max has not lost parts of his tail :-)

Talking about slugs...Iron Sky is the hosta with the thickest leafs I've seen so far...but nevertheless...

The slug worked on one leaf only, must have been pretty exhausted after that...

• oursteelers 8B PNW

Karin,

I love your pics!I need a hosta that can withstand the slug munches!

• sherrygirl zone5 N il

Hmmm......Steve.......I finally have a name for my hostas, Irish Luck, I had several of those last summer, $&+’¥]<…¥ rabbits!

Love all of the fur babies and maybe those “I” hostas too!

Sherry

• Laura z4b / Helsinki, Finland

I had to have some serious discussions with my golden puppy last summer...

• Laura z4b / Helsinki, Finland

I do have one hosta in this ”I” category, Inniswood

• oursteelers 8B PNW

Laura, great pairing of plants! What’s the puppy‘s name? So stinkin cute:)

• Laura z4b / Helsinki, Finland

Thanks oursteelers!

Puppys name is Ebba, she’s 10months old now. She seems to enjoy gardening - and defenitely loves hostas..

• ConnieMay

Ice Age Trail

Fur baby, Duncan

• oursteelers 8B PNW

I LOVE IceAge and of course Duncan is beautiful :)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

my golden.. when a pup ... grhs ..... also did me the favor of retrieving my newly planted plants ... it was like.. dude.. you left this out there ... so i brought it back for you ... lol ...

and the other time.. not so much a babe.. i incorporated alfalfa pellets into a new bed ... he spent weeks feasting on it ... didnt do much of any plant damage ... but my god.. he would fragrance the house all night long.. with that high fiber diet ... lol ... and i dont mean in a good way .. lol..

he also made it into hundreds of my garden pix .. always seemed to wander into longer range pix .... my theory was... if i was looking that way.. he presumed we were heading that way.. so he was out scouting in advance.... and he was usually right ...

ken

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

the only better fragrance was rabbit droppings ... omg.. lol.. ken

ps: which of course was what the alfalfa was.. in predigested form ... lol ...

• Shadow -4A-NB Canada

Steve, you had me at your Irish Luck. I want one and has been on my list for 3 yrs. I vote your Irish luck hosta of the day. It may very well be the hosta of the whole Alphabet. Just saying.

• nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis

steve..you made me laugh :-) Irish Luck is going on my wish list!..it would work well in tight spots..wouldn't attract slugs..and would withstand hail damage better than most hostas..haha

• mbug_gw

Love all the pics!. Great idea Paula!!

Inspire Greatness .....a favorite of mine!

Invincible.....just before the Deer got it.....seems to be a favorite of theirs

Irish Luck ....on the left

Island Breeze

Ivory Coast.....another favorite!.....IMO you can have as many favorites as you like (LOL)

.....and still another favorite, Bailey!! He visits special needs classes twice a month during the school year. He's a good boy.

He loves riding in the car with me.

Working on their tans.

• sandyslopes z5b n. UT

steve, lol at your unlucky Irish Luck.

Wonderful to see everyone's fur babies!!!

Ice Follies

Independence

Independence closeup

Irish Luck

Ivory Queen, new this year

Molly says, "Forget the Thanksgiving turkey, just give me the slow cooker bag." ....She's a fun cat who has to check out everything.

Kitty (still thinking of a name) was a stray who was scared to death when I started feeding her. Took me eight months until she let me touch her. Now she lives in the house most of the time and loves to be cuddled.

Rest in peace my sweet Ginger. Miss you so much.

• hostas_for_barb

Just two "I"s for me.

Ice Age Trail

Island Charm (at least I think so)

Jackie Bear sitting between Red Stone Falls Heuchera & Cracker Crumbs

Her baby bro Spocky Bear all sacked out on some clothing on the bed

The bears in the yard waiting for dusk so they can go out on the prowl.

Charcoal - born and raised in my sister's garden to a feral mom - now an indoor cat at her home.

SJ also born and raised in the garden (feral mom) - now enjoying life as an indoor cat

• mountainy man z8 Ireland

No suitable I photos so here are some of the family.

Sir Humphrey

Footie

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

sandyslopes Ginger was such lovely cat. Sending hugs your way. I miss every fur baby I ever had and lost. I miss my cat so much and it has been years. Just when I was thinking of getting another my DD's fella is allergic so I can't.

To all of you with feral cats that is so special!

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱

I, I, I can't believe you had me go through with this...

Hard to believe that was nearly 17 years ago. Even harder to believe is two of those pups are still alive.

tj

• oursteelers 8B PNW

Tsugajunkie this needs a love button!

• windymess z6a KC, Ks

Beautiful plants and pets everyone! I’m between pets right now. :-(

Peren- exact same situation here - DD has a steady fella who is allergic to cats, so if he’s going to be a member of the family, no more cats for us. And I, too, miss our dear Rusty who died last May.

However, there will probably be another dog in my future!

• sandyslopes z5b n. UT

Laurie, that's nice of you to say. I had a special connection with Ginger. Sorry to hear that you can't get a cat. I don't know why, but it seems like so many people are allergic to cats these days. The ones in my life end up staying out on the deck when we visit ......the people not the cats. :-)

• sandyslopes z5b n. UT

windymess, Sorry you're missing Rusty, and sad about no more cats. ....I've been waiting for the right time and hoping to find the right dog for a while now. I hope you find yours, they're so fun to have around!

• Beth (5b - Mid-Michigan)

Loved seeing all the fur babies today and the Hosta I's. I only have one 1 hosta and 1 fur baby.

Irish Luck, new in 2018

This is Yoru, Yo for short. He keeps the critter population down in the garden.

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

windymess I was thinking of you when this I & fur baby thread came up. Happy to hear that you are likely to get another dog.

I can only say to you and sandyslopes that you will know when the right time and dog comes along. When we got Luke it was because my DD was ready and even though I did not feel like I was, I agreed. I quickly realized it was the best thing for us all. Luke was a rescue dog but I feel like he rescued us too. What a joy he is!

My DD's BF says some cats are worse than others for his allergies. It apparently has nothing to do with long haired or short. So many people with allergies, ear infections, intolerant of foods...I don't know whether these are more prevalent now or just better diagnosed.

• don_in_colorado

Cujo in the lamium in October, a few days before he passed. It was one of his favorite spots in the backyard. I miss him a lot.

• sandyslopes z5b n. UT

don, Cujo does look thinner there. At least he got to do his favorite things on his last days. They leave us too soon.

• sherrygirl zone5 N il

All of this is so familiar regarding our fur babies. The saying “ who rescued who” rings so true.

Sherry

• old_dirt

Just one I here and no "fur babies", I prefer the real ones, grandbabies.

Infatuation

• Tiddisolo Wales UK

Great pets everybody and the Hosta are not bad either!

Ivory Coast

Ice Age Trail

Ice Follies

Tiddles my companion of 18 years past away last summer.

and the other Tiddles ( makes it easier to call them ) now my sole companion and loving the extra attention.

Dave

• ConnieMay

Mbug - gorgeous Inspire Greatness...I had to go look it up in the HL

Oursteelers - Duncan & IAT thank you!

Karin - great Ice Follies plant & photo!

Steve - love your sense of humour!

So many amazing pictures of our furry family members! Great idea for the thread Paula!

• StevePA6a

Another luckless 'Irish Luck'. Late frost, spring bake, a bit of hail, 5 week dry spell,

and falling branches, had to take a photo for "worst hosta" award.

Love that Inspire Greatness, and I see I must get an Ice Follies now.

Here's my 2 rescued strays when they were little, about 1-1/2 yrs. apart in age.

• nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis

StevePA..you made me laugh too..your Irish Luck has edged out steve duggins "pruned" clean lines modern version of a sad hosta..in my opinion yours has more sadness..you win??!!..Lol

my backyard..until today we had a snow total of less than an inch..a good day for snow..we're watching the Colts game..

• windymess z6a KC, Ks

Old Dirt- I love those grandbabies too! They’re the greatest!

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

newhostalady I am sure feather babies count here too!

• newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada

The pet photos are absolutely adorable! Makes me want to go out and get a cat and dog! How sweet of you to remember, peren.all, that I only have a feather baby!

My bird loves my attention. If I go out, my husband always knows when I'm back because as soon as I open the front door and say "hello," my budgie chirps her head off---and my husband can hear her from the basement! She only does that for me.

We have to keep our eye on her. She likes to get into trouble!

• newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada

Now, onto the "I" hostas of which I only have one. Except I have two of the same. A strong growing hosta.

Island Breeze, #1

Island Breeze #2

I think this hosta looks better with some sun. The yellow would be brighter with even more sun (which I don't have).

And look at those legs!

Love the Ivory Coast hosta (Liberty look alike). I lost mine to crown rot unfortunately.

Lots of "I's" for you Ken! That Island Charm has a lot of bloom stalks! Must have been a beauty when blooming. And it's a small. Always room for another small. Unfortunately, I don't see it offered that often---in Canada anyways.

Love that Ice Follies sunnywood, Karin, sandyslopes and tiddisolo! How long have you had it?

Love the wavy edge and color of Indigo, peren.all. Nice Invincible seedling.

Your poor Irish Luck, Steve!

Laura, hope your serious discussion with your puppy does the trick!

Wow, you were very patient with kitty, sandyslopes! Good for you, and kitty!