0

G daylilies 2019

sherrygirl zone5 N il

Now is the time to show off your G daylilies. I have four but only two have bloomed, two are new to the garden.

Going Bananas is a fairly recent addition, it did pretty well last season despite the weird weather.

Gently Down the Stream was new last spring and surprised me with two scapes. It’s not in an ideal spot, just hoping I don’t have to move it.

Sherry

• tarheelgirl_7b

Nice blooms Sherry!

Here are my G daylilies:

GOOD IMPRESSION

GOLDEN PRIZE

GUILTY BLUSH

GREAT WHITE DOVE - added Spring 2017

To be continued...

Lori

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked tarheelgirl_7b
  • tarheelgirl_7b

GOLDEN COMPASS

GLAMOUREYEZ

GIMME MORE

GAVIN PETIT

GAGE’S FACEPAINT

Thanks for looking!

Lori

• sherrygirl zone5 N il

Lori, Gages Facepaint has such an unusual pattern, pretty cool.

Does Guily Blush Double just like that always? I like it.

Sherry

• tarheelgirl_7b

Thanks Sherry!

Guilty Blush does usually double. I did find one photo from 2017 where it didn’t really double, but this is the exception.

Lori

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)

Lori: I really like that Golden Prize. It's an older one from what I could find out with multiple awards. Blooms long and late and reputed to do well in the heat. What else is there to ask of it?............My contribution was new for me last year named Glowing Quasar. It's a Rice introduction and she said it was Sunfast, which it seemed to be for me it's first year. Has some of those tentacles on the edge that some people like so much.

Glowing Quasar:

Another new one for me last year was Glowing In The Wind. Shifting colors with sometimes more red and sometimes more hot pink. Look forward to seeing what it will do this year.

Glowing In The Wind:

Maryl

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
  • daylilybedmaker

Here are the Gs that I grow:

GEORGE JETS ON: Cute litte one. Passes on the pattern

GLORIOUS TEMPTATION: It is usually darker than this as it tends to be more toward the lavender side of pink. This was taken at the end of the day.

GAVIN PETIT: It is supposed to be taller than this. It is usually 18 inches tall and has never reached its registered height of 27 inches,

GENESEE ROSE: The color "pops" in the garden.

Continued

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked daylilybedmaker
  • daylilybedmaker

GUY MEADOWS: I have had a love hate relationship with this one. For the first two years, it hung up all the time. This past year, once it attained clump status (6 fans), only the first 6 blooms hung up. After that, they looked like the picture.

GENTLEY DOWN THE STREAM: Nice purple lavender.

GIZMO: A very cute little one.

GET JIGGY: Pattern is inconsistent.

That is all for me.

David Zone 5

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

Gorgeous G's everyone! Only one for me.

Get Jiggy. Yes David last year it had a much more intricate pattern.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada
  • shive

I'm enjoing the parade of G's. Here are some of mine.

Grandma's Smile

Grape Twilzzler

Genie in a Bottle

God Save the Queen

Green Mystique

Gilded Glory

Gently Down the Stream

Golden Prize

Greatest Gift of All

Debra

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked shive
  • Brad KY 6b

Debra, Green Mystique is quite interesting. Gently Down the Stream is very pretty, David & Sherry.

Gasden Goliath is nice but tends to lean.

Grape Velvet

That's all of my g's

Brad

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Brad KY 6b
  • celeste

I'm late but here are mine.....

GETTING AIRBORNE

GREYWOODS TALLY HO

GENTLE ROSE

GLORY IN RED

GREYWOODS RIVER DANCER

G. WILLIKERS

GOOD GOLLY

GINGHAM MAID

GEORGE JETS ON

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste
  • celeste

Houzz messed with me.....I had a second set done and hit 'submit' and it vanished. This is so frustrating....ugh. So I will try AGAIN:

GET 'R DONE

GYPSY ROSE LEE

GOLDEN HIBISCUS

GOLLY GALORE

GOLLIWOG

GRACES OF GANYMEDE

GAVIN PETIT

GREYWOODS ROSEBERRY SORBET

GOLD PINWHEEL

GLOWING QUASAR

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste
  • hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)

I have quite a few G's.

I am afraid Gary Lynn's Calliopsis is not going to be very vigorous. We sure do love the eye though.

Gasping for Breath has been "gasping for breath" for years. We have had it in different beds to no avail. It really is a shame as it is quite toothy, even the sepals.

Gaudeamus was a great disappointment until we moved it to a different bed. Then it started to show what it could do.

Gavin Petit is not a great grower in our garden, but it manages to do ok every year.

The scapes of Gay Activist seem prone to blasting, but it is a reliable rebloomer for us.

We thought at first that Geneva Purple Haze was not going to be hardy, but last season it did pretty well. It is also a late bloomer.

I'd better not press my luck. I'll put the rest in the next comment.

Nancy

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
  • sherrygirl zone5 N il

Refresh my memory, I don’t remember what” blasting” means.

Sherry

• sherrygirl zone5 N il

Just a weird question. Something happened when Celeste did her last post, I see a LONG blank space between her photos and where Nancy’s post starts anyone else have that???

Sherry

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)

Geometric Wizard is one of my favorites.

Here is Get Jiggy showing its pattern. Like someone else said, it can be inconsistent.

Glitter Gal has not proven itself to be very vigorous. It does bloom late.

We too are growing Glowing Quasar.

Go Above and Beyond probably is tender. It has not done much yet.

This is God Save the Queen.

I'll put more in the next comment.

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)

Golden Glitz was purchased because it is a late bloomer.

I hope Gothic Finery is hardy. I love the fact that it has a bit of purple edge on the sepal.

Gram's Dream is relatively new to the garden.

Guns of Navarrone might turn out to be my favorite purple. It's a good grower too.

Gypsy Rose Lee is not a fancy flower, but it's a clear color and an excellent grower.

Those are my G's.

Nancy

• Brad KY 6b

Lots of pretty blooms, Celeste and Nancy. Celeste, I especialy like Getting Airborne, Good Golly and Golden Hibiscus, which really looks like a Hibiscus flower! Nancy, I like Geneva Purple Haze and Guns of Navarrone the best, but I also like Gypsy Rose Lee..

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

Yes Sherry I see the huge gap too. It is the 2nd time it has happened to Celeste. I won't even pretend to know why, but I wonder if she clicked on edit then went to the bottom of her post and kept hitting the backspace key if it would eliminate the gap.

• sherrygirl zone5 N il

Nancy, Gothic Finery is wonderful! I hope you are using it with your crosses.

Sherry

• lilykate7a

Nancy, I think my Gasping for Breath took its last one this year. It was spectacular the first year and then dwindled to nothing over the years. I don't even think it bloomed last year and remember that I could not find foliage toward the end of fall. Although I liked it the first year, I will not miss it as it never performed after that. It was a bonus so I can't say I lost anything, I suppose!! Guns of Navarone is really very pretty with a dynamic purple color, it appears.

Kate

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked lilykate7a
  • hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)

Sherry, blasting is when the scape, usually down near the base, bursts open. Some varieties seem more prone to it. It seems to happen when you get a lot of rain after a dry period.

Nancy

• celeste

Thank you for the editing suggestion peren.all. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what happened or how to fix it. I have been on this forum( and even way back when it was Gardenweb on the rose forum) for ages and never had that happen. It was weird! My apologies to all for the aggravation. It took a lot of backspacing but I got it done!

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked celeste
  • peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

You are so welcome Celeste! All the more surprising that it worked since I am in no way techie. I really value seeing your plants (and every ones from colder zones) in particular because I know they will work for me. There have certainly been some weird glitches with Houzz at the helm but I am just happy to be on a forum with great people.

• signet_gw(6b)

Here are some of the "G" daylilies I grow in my gardens

Greywoods Dottie Doolittle

Grace from Above

Grand Ways

Green Rainbow

Galaxy Explosion

Horrible picture of Gadsden Goliath

Grand Floridian ( lots of daylilies including this one suffered severely from the drought here .this past season

Giggle Creek

More in the next post

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked signet_gw(6b)
  • signet_gw(6b)

Here are a few more ....all I could find right now

Golliwog

Gone Native

Grey Witch

Another shot of Grand Ways shown in my first post above.

One of my favourite seedlings .......named by my son ......a daylily starting with a G

Gus Townsend

Greywoods Painted Pony

Garden of Gethsemene

Galaxy Explosion

guidred

Gentle Shepherd

another G seedling

Green Derby

Gavin Petit

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

signet Green Rainbow caught my attention but not as much as your seedlings!

• Brad KY 6b

Signet, I really like your G seedling.

Brad

• signet_gw(6b)

Which seedling Brad? Which seedling attracted you Perenn.all?

Hoosiernan , I love your Gram's Dream and Geometric Wizard is the bomb !

You know I have bought George Jets On twice . I still don't have it . Both times I got sent something else instead .

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

I was attracted to both seedlings signet. They are so different from one another. I like the simplicity and delicate colour against the large green throat of the one named by your son. That he named it is kind of special too!

The 2nd seedling I liked the more complex colouring and ruffled edge. I really like the base colour and the contrasting eye zone. The white midrib is another nice feature. The throat starting green turning to yellow is also attractive.

I know less than anyone here but I positively know what I like. I like blooms that are very simple as well as ones that are the most extravagant. Some just speak to us don't they, for what ever reason?

• Brad KY 6b

Signet, the lavender one named by your son.

• Nancy

I like both your seedlings too, but I think the last one best. Other faces I like are Guidred, Get R Done, Calliopsis, Geometric Wizard, Guilty Blush-I don't usually like doubles, Gages Facepaint, Green Mystique, Greywoods Tally Ho.

Here are my Gs:Gemini Jack

George Jets On

Gift From Heaven

Gilded By Grace

Green Rainbow

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy
  • Brad KY 6b

Nancy, I like Green Rainbow a lot.

• Nancy

Brad, Green Rainbow is a bloom machine. I have been told that mine is more purple than others have, but I am confident it is correct. It is not in full day sun, may be the difference

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy
  • signet_gw(6b)

how odd, on Feb 9 2019 at 10: 29 tonight , I recieved a notification about a new post on the G daylilies so I came to take a look . This is the post message I received

jkayd_il5 said:Greywoods Lips A Quiver
    A new one for me last

but when I got here there is no sign of the post here at all . How very very odd

• jkayd_il5

Yes, my picture didn't post so I deleted it.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked jkayd_il5
  • signet_gw(6b)

Hi Jkayd_15 I hope you will try again . Was your picture too large maybe ? I have had that happen to me before as my phone takes images that are 56 inches x 42 inches and 72 dpi , so I have to alter them to 7 inches by 4.25 inches and I increase the dpi to 300 . They seem to post just fine at those limits and image is large enough to see well but not so large that the image gets tossed . I think I saw somewhere on houzz that there was a limit to the size of the image it will accept . Anyway I hope you will try again I would love to see your picture !

• jkayd_il5

Greywoods Lips A Quiver. This was a new one for me in 2017. It sent up one scape and a rabbit ate it off. So I didn't see it bloom until 2018.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked jkayd_il5
  • Nancy

I really like the look of this one! I am on my phone, the picture did not show up, I waited for it a minute, then returned to main page. Just as it was going back, it started showing up. Houzz must be mad at me, giving me problems the last couple of days

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Nancy