0

Hosta L 2018 No Lakesides

Post some Ls today but remember NO LAKESIDES as they have their own day. Have a great day!

• ConnieMay

London Fog

• ConnieMay

London Fog, Streaked

• Saija

Lady Guinevere

Liberty (early June)

Liberty (August)

Little Black Scape

Love Pat

Saija

• mae (zone 5b On)

Leapin' Lizard--new this year

Lemon Lime Flower

Lucky Mouse

• sherrygirl zone5 N il

I have two photos for L. Little Town Flirt and Little Treasure, both have been good growers.

Sherry

• mae (zone 5b On)

Saija, I've been enjoying your photos...your collection is really growing!

Connie May, I'm going to be on the look-out for London Fog. It's a very unusual and eye-catching plant!

• steve duggins - Ohio

Looks like I got a lot of new Ls last year and many of them need to grow up a little, but here's what might be worth showing.

Lemon Zinger

Liberty (planted in late 2015)

Lime Smoothie

Little Treasure

Lizard Lick

2 Luna Moths at the top (with Touch of Class and June)

Lunar Orbit

• mae (zone 5b On)

Sherry, Little Treasure is very cute...another one for my rapidly expanding list.

• Beth (5b - Mid-Michigan)

Lovely L's, Love Little Flirt and Little Black Scape. Here are my L's

Lancifolia always a work horse

Liberty, looking nice all season

Limetini new this year

Luna Moth also new this year

• sunnywood 5aChazyNY

Leather and Lace

Lederhosen

Leading Lady

Lemontini

Liberty in june

Liberty in September

Linda Sue

Loyalist

Love Pat

Luna Moth

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

Lovely L's. Saija Lady Guinevere is quite nice. Sherry Little Treasure always gets me.

Ladybug

Lancifolia

Lemon Frost will need to be moved so that it does not get completely buried.

Lemon Lime early June

Lemon Lime toward the end of July.

Liberty

Little Aurora - or so it was supposed to be, I have my doubts.

Little Starlet

London Fog just emerging in spring.

Love Pat

• Karin Black Cat

peren, I need a love button for your Lemon Lime! It is gorgeous :-)

• Saija

Thanks Mae and yes I'm hostaholic, LOL

Peren.all. Your Lemon Lime is amazing. You have so many mature hostas, lucky you.

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

Thanks Karin! It is such a great performer isn't it. Leather Sheen, longipes sparsa and especially Love Song are wonderful. Love Song looks so happy in it's pot!

Beth your Liberty is lovely. Mine has had a tough life. After it was planted a squirrel dug it out of the ground and it could have been a couple of days before I noticed. I hope it takes a leap soon.

sunnywood Leather and Lace is a gorgeous plant. Lederhosen always looks great every time I see it!

There was such a lot added while I was posting.

• sherrygirl zone5 N il

Omg, Laurie, Lemon Lime is taking over the world!

Sherry

• nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis
    a couple of almost worthless pics but I want to play..there's a bunch of Lancifolia behind this Japanese maple..use Karin, Beth or peren's pics as a reference Lol..
    there's Little Wonders growing along the right edge of this sidewalk..I can see them since I know where to look..Karin has a great pic of Little Wonder haha..I had Little Treasure but it disappeared..

Loving everyone's L's..Luna Moth catches my eye..I've always admired them..

Saija..I was thinking the same thing that Mae said..your collection is growing!

peren..Lemon Lime reminds me of flowing water..I like it..

Laughing is wonderful..

• Shadow -4A-NB Canada

Loyalist

Leaping Lizard

Luna Moth. Purchase inspired from the Alphabet.

Liberty. Still a baby

Love Pat

Saiji- I have fallen in love with Lady Guinevere

Sunnywood- Linda Sue has caught my attention as well.

I agree that we should have more icon buttons that express our appreciation of all the gorgeous hosta that are being posted.

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

LOL Sherry! Lemon Lime is taking up a lot of real estate. I do need to rescue June from it but the colour and form of it makes me happy. It puts out a really nice display of flowers too (not so much in the horrible drought year we had) normally.

nicholsworth you have enough room to have a nice little stream of it!

Steve and Karin Lizard Lick is a very nice one!

Mae your Lucky Mouse is so cute!

• Laura z4b / Helsinki, Finland

Sherrygirl and Sunnywood have some beautiful hostas, Little Town Flirt, Little treasure, Leather and Lace and Lederhosen are just beautiful!

I have only few hostas in this category, Leather Sheen, dark green beauty..

..and Little Sunspot

• sandyslopes z5b n. UT

Paula, the kitties on the roof, how cute!

ConnieMay, beautiful London Fog. Peren.all yours in spring is also impressive. I might want this one.

Laura, nice Leather Sheen. I'd like to find a really dark hosta, just because I don't have one yet. :-)

adding: Shadow and sunnywood, you've both managed to keep Loyalist alive. Good for you!

Liberty in May ...I might have to move this one, which I am nervous to do since it might set it back, and it takes so long to get big... but so worth it!

Liberty in July

Little Miss Sunshine gets more yellow as the season goes on. This is mid-June.

Luna Moth

• mbug_gw

Peren.....your Love Pat is awesome!

Lovely L'S everyone!!

Liberty

Liberty #2

Little Sunspot

Little Treasure

Love Pat....older pic....came up very small this year....hope it comes back like its old self

Luna Moth

Luna Moth blooming

• mountainy man z8 Ireland

Leading Lady

Liberty, 22nd May

And on 23rd July

Luna Moth, was new in 2017.

• hostas_for_barb

Mbug, all your pictures are lovely - makes me anxious for spring and here we are just expecting our first major snowfall.

Liberty

Lemontini

Limey Lisa

Little White Lines (I think)

• mbug_gw

.....opps, forgot one

Loyalist

• Tiddisolo Wales UK

Lady Guinevere and Leading Lady just made the list.

Great plants everyone.

Again loads of L's in my collection but very few pic's.

Note to self, must try to take more this year!

By far and away my star in the collection.

Liberty

Love Song started to show it's true form last year with a couple of huge leaves.

Not the best of pic's

A very new Laser Game

Today's weather, the first snow of 2019

Dave

• zkathy z7a NC

Beautiful hostas, everyone! Lemon Ice, still in the same pot, has turned into the beautiful Hosta that I see outside my kitchen window, which was my initial desire for having a Hosta garden.

• nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis

a beautiful view Kathy!..I love the stone steps and the terraces..your Lemon Ice looks perfect..

• old_dirt

Just a few old L's. I think i need a Liberty!

Love Pat

Little Sunspot

Lancifolia

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

Thanks mbug. Your Luna Moth is fantastic!

So many more gorgeous Liberty's!

Barb your Lemontini looks luscious!

kathy Lemon Ice is such a bright spot in your great looking garden!

• newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada

Only one L for me. Liberty. It takes a few years to bring out its beauty, but when it does----wow! Love everyone's Liberty's!

mid May

July

August

I love this hosta so I decided to purchase a second one for "backup." Unfortunately it rotted. I plan to purchase another!

• mbug_gw

NHL....stunning Liberty!

• oursteelers 8B PNW

Newhostalady, not only is your liberty stunning but your garden is meticulous!

• nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis

newhostalady..I love your Liberty!..I completely agree with oursteelers - your garden is meticulous :-)

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

Yes and yes on both counts!

• StevePA6a

Dave and NHL, your Liberty's are so perfect looking ! ! ! Awesome!

Nicholsworth, I know I've said before...I love how your Bloodgood maples, with their sparse shady growth, add such a nice photogenic splash of color around your house. Looks perfect!

Beautiful 'Lemon Ice' zkathy. Mine always seems to get fried in the hot spring sun, before the trees leaf out. It never looks nice, so the only pic I have is this one from 2014, when it looked it's best.

Lemon Ice

• hostas_for_barb

newhostalady, what a perfect Liberty specimen! Gorgeous.

• nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis

thanks StevePA!..any space where the house casts shade to move Lemon Ice?..just a thought..

• zkathy z7a NC

Really, StevePA, put an umbrella over it! I moved Lemon Ice to the shade of the house until the leaves came out then it lived under the crabapple tree outside my kitchen window all season. It does green up some, but stays nice all season.

• StevePA6a

Sorry 'Lemon Ice', you're not special enough to get one of the few, prime, spots on my property. You're a pretty vigorous grower though, so I could put you in a shadier spot, I suppose.

• windymess z6a KC, Ks

Nice Ls everyone! These are the only L pics I have, although I do have a few additional Ls.

peren- is that just one Lemon Lime or a grouping?

Beautiful Liberties... if mine doesn’t start to look a little better this year, I might have to start over.

Luna Moth:

Lemon Lime:

Love Pat:

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

windymess I originally planted 5 small 1 gallon pots many years ago and have done nothing to them since.

• windymess z6a KC, Ks

peren- thanks, that’s good to know because I have a bunch of them planted along a path, and I do want them to grow together and fill in, but if that had been one single plant I was going to to get nervous...lol, a bit like when I ordered clausa var. clausa... then realized it was going to be waaaay too much for the space. I gave that clausa to my neighbor, who has a large, shady area that needs fillIng.

I realize though I’ll probably have to keep the LLs in check at some point, but that’s a long way off.

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

It will be beautiful along your path! I will look forward to seeing the result over the years.

Lol I can understand clausa var. clausa not being for everyone. I love it but it does spread - endlessly. At least you can still enjoy it from a distance. Do you have visitation rights? The flowers are quite fantastic and the fall foliage colour is really nice too.

• windymess z6a KC, Ks

Oh yes, I can visit anytime... it’s right next door and we’re all good friends. I’m sure I can even get a bit back if I ever want some. I do love it in bloom!