Software
Houzz Logo Print
monduart

Front porsh

13 years ago
How can I make this entry more contemporary

Comments (23)

  • 13 years ago
    And white trim. Should I paint it too darker maybe??
  • 13 years ago
    The door and the brick above look choppy. Would you consider painting the door and the brick within the arch all the same color making it look like one cohesive unit. I think it could be stunning!
  • 13 years ago
    Some lighting ideas?
  • 13 years ago
    Def paint the door and change the fixtures! Add some contemporary large scale planters to flank the doorway and maybe some bold address numbers ?
  • 13 years ago
    Thank you all for such great ideas. What color should I paint the wood ??
    Thank you again.
  • 13 years ago
    I would change out all lighting fixtures with modern ones and change the doors to french doors with energy efficient glass inserts, the wood should be a lighter color as well and plant shade loving flowers(ask your local garden shop for the best ones that thrive in your area). I would make the walkway and porch floor flagstone, so it stands out.
  • 13 years ago
    Great ideas!! Thank you.
  • 13 years ago
    I agree about changing the light fixtures; maybe to something like black iron lanterns. I also agree about the flag stone walkway, that would make a big difference. I think that painting the trim of the house would help also, but I was thinking about painting it black to match the light fixtures. I would also suggest adding a feature in the arches above the windows, like a wood detailing or even mosaic. As for the wood on the side of the house maybe grow vines on it? I hope this helps.
  • 13 years ago
    Do you have enough of a budget to change the front door? That would go a long way. A single door with sidelights would brighten up the foyer. Add some tall planters. As others have said, lights need to go. Add some cool house numbers.
  • 13 years ago
    Awesome. Thank you all
  • 13 years ago
    For a contemporary look, consider these inspirational pics.
  • 13 years ago
    one more
  • 13 years ago
    I loved the second one. !!! Thank you !!
  • 13 years ago
    It looks contemporary to me. It's just kind of naked... Get colorful pots. I would add green dripping from the left wall to soften the angles... Or may be plant some climbing vine? Good luck!
  • 13 years ago
    Paint the wood sections to match the sand color of bricks to create visual unity. Change out the white trim and light fixtures for a bronze/ dark taupe color. The French doors with reeded glass suggested by Gina will look stunning in a softer cream color. Now choose two tall planters for either side of the door and fill flowers with big bright blooms that will grow well in your area. Choose a pretty bench to place under one window and two similar chairs with a skinny table for the other window. Add colorful pillows to coordinate with the bright blooms. Last plant liriope or low shrubs along the outside of the wall of the courtyard. Use the space over the door for simple house numbers in the same bronze/dark taupe color.
  • 13 years ago
    The last door will compete with your bricks .... I like the door but not for your situation...
  • 13 years ago
    I found this awesome website for custom doors and great prices.
    Www.doorsglassgallery.com
    They ship wherever. :))
  • 13 years ago
    What did you decide to do with the front door?
  • 13 years ago
    I love these. But still deciding which one will go best with the house.
  • 13 years ago
    I like the second one for a more contemporary look.

    Remember to post an update when you replace the door and lights!
  • 13 years ago
    Can you get the company to help you decide. Send them a pic of your house and ask them to replace your door with the doors you have chosen.
  • 13 years ago
    I do like the second one best too.
    They will start with the renovation on Monday. And I will be able to post updates. Thank you all!!
0