Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
golden2smith

Compact double oven with microwave above

golden2smith
5 years ago

We are building a new house and choosing our appliances. We're hoping to have a double oven with a microwave on top (all electric) and then have our range separate (gas) with a hood above. My hope was to find a more compact double oven (like the one pictured here) and put the microwave directly above it. I'm not seeing anything like this either in photos or for sale. Is this possible? Has anybody else done this? Is it going to cost a ridiculous amount of money? Thanks!

Compact, carefully planned kitchen · More Info

Comments (15)

• wysmama
    5 years ago
    We went with the French door wall oven and advantium speed cook which is like a microwave and oven in one
  • golden2smith
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks! Do you have a link so I can see what it looks like?

• wysmama
    5 years ago
    Here’s a link to the ge site that has the advantium. We didn’t do the combo that they show. We used a French door oven with the advantium above it. No pics yet as House is being built. But we picked appliances at Famous Tate and were able to see the set up.
    https://products.geappliances.com/appliance/gea-category/wall-ovens?TYPE=Microwave+Oven+Combination&COOKING+TECHNOLOGY=Advantium
  • wysmama
    5 years ago
    I totally missed that you want them below the countertop. Not sure that it would work with our choices.
  • cpartist
    5 years ago

I would get a drawer microwave and not try and stack three things because none will be comfortable to use.

• golden2smith
    Original Author
    5 years ago

They don't have to be below the countertop.

• golden2smith
    Original Author
    5 years ago

cpartist, I assume you mean to put a microwave drawer in another area (not stacked with the ovens)?

• PRO
    User
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Don’t attempt a 3 stack. something ends up too high or too low.

In this project, we did the MW drawer below, with a French door oven above, and the 36” range adjacent. It is more than sufficient to produce enough food for 40 at an annual event.

Island Style · More Info

Island Style · More Info

Island Style · More Info

• PRO
    Charles Ross Homes
    5 years ago

When space is at a premium, we'll often do a three-stack series consisting of a convection oven/broiler/microwave combo unit on top, a convection/conventional combo oven in the middle and a warming drawer on the bottom. I have this configuration in my personal home. The warming drawer is the only appliance in the stack that requires bending over to access. We don't use it frequently so it works for us.

• PRO
    Debbi Washburn
    5 years ago

I think this is what you are looking for?

This is a double oven with the microwave on top. The problem is the microwave. The bottom of it will be around 57-60" above the floor. Depending on what you use it for and how often could make it very inconvenient. You would be better off doing the microwave elsewhere or doing as others have suggested - the walloven/micro in a tall cabinet and do a full range.

Good luck!

• cpartist
    5 years ago

cpartist, I assume you mean to put a microwave drawer in another area (not stacked with the ovens)?

That's exactly what I mean. Use a microwave drawer under your counter. Like mine shown here under the counter. You push the button and the drawer opens and you put stuff in from the top and then push the button to close the drawer. Works great.

• golden2smith
    Original Author
    5 years ago

nancyjwb, I don't know why I never thought of having an oven under the range top and one at the original oven location. I guess because the burners will be gas, and the oven will be electric, but I don't think that should be a huge deal. It takes up a little cabinet space, but I think it will work. Thank you!

• PRO
    Debbi Washburn
    5 years ago

GE makes an oven like that....

PT9200SLSS

I did not read through all the specs or installation details...

• PRO
    Caroline Browne Interior Design
    5 years ago

Hi golden2smith, the oven in my picture that you posted with your question is a Bosch 1.5 oven. It has a small conventional oven combined with a grill in the top part and a main fan oven below. It's designed for use under the worktop but I see no reason why you shouldn't place in in an oven stack with a microwave above, and the separate hob elsewhere.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Caroline Browne