Software
Houzz Logo Print
permanposies9afl

Hera’s Song from HCR?

Curious if anyone is growing this one? Many thanks!

http://www.highcountryroses.com/hera-s-song

Comments (14)

  • 7 years ago

    I never noticed this one before. Is it new I wonder?

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
  • 7 years ago

    HCR & HMF date it at 2009, an Andy Vanable rose. It’s listed as continuous blooming and very disease resistant. I’m guessing that’s based on the Rhode Island origin?

    Its naming has a very touching story too. :-)

  • 7 years ago

    I saw that date, I just hadn't noticed it in the HCR catalogue before and I'm always looking for HMs. Perhaps give them a call. They are very helpful and love talking roses. I'm going to HMF to see who grows it.

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
  • 7 years ago

    WoW! I think it must be a new addition to his stock. As a child of Darlow's Enigma, I might just have to add this one to my spring order! Thank you for the heads up.

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Now I simply want to grow the rose for her story.

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked Seeingreen
  • 7 years ago

    I decided I’m going to give her a try! HMs are doing well here so far, and it’s a bit smaller shape...at least in RI, lol! :-)

  • 7 years ago
    When, I saw the name..Hera. My first thought was the Greek Goddess. What a story !! Wow !
    Seems it will have clusters and clusters of blooms. I can't wait to see it also.
    jin
    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
  • 7 years ago

    HCR also has several other roses from the old Fairmont Cemetary which might be interesting!

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked lkayetwvz5
  • 7 years ago

    Any update on Hera's Song? How well do the flowers age? Anyone with full bush pictures of the blooms in various stages? Thanks!

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked mmmm12COzone5
  • 7 years ago

    Wow.... it is beautiful.... I wonder how thorny it is.....

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked sharon2079
  • 7 years ago

    I did get her and she just went into the ground in April. She was a tiny little wisp of a band when I got her. She’s weathered this extreme heat and drought very well—much better than some others that went into the ground in April.


    I’d say she’s very dainty but healthy; medium thorns, but not a lot of them. The tiny blooms start out pale pink and them fade to white. She’s determined to bloom, and petulantly pumps out two sprays for each one I snip from her. With the intense heat and low humidity we’ve had, I’d say she’s a great choice for hot and arid. Many of my other roses are sulking in this weather, but she seems to love it. :-)

  • 7 years ago


    (Trying the photo again.)

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    It looks super pretty. I had never seen it before. Please keep us posted on how this one does for you. Specially how it does with blackspot.

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked dianela7analabama