0
Find the right pro for your project

Hera’s Song from HCR?

Perma n’ Posies/9A FL

Curious if anyone is growing this one? Many thanks!

http://www.highcountryroses.com/hera-s-song

• vaporvac

I never noticed this one before. Is it new I wonder?

Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked vaporvac
  • Perma n’ Posies/9A FL

HCR & HMF date it at 2009, an Andy Vanable rose. It’s listed as continuous blooming and very disease resistant. I’m guessing that’s based on the Rhode Island origin?

Its naming has a very touching story too. :-)

• vaporvac

I saw that date, I just hadn't noticed it in the HCR catalogue before and I'm always looking for HMs. Perhaps give them a call. They are very helpful and love talking roses. I'm going to HMF to see who grows it.

Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked vaporvac
  • vaporvac

WoW! I think it must be a new addition to his stock. As a child of Darlow's Enigma, I might just have to add this one to my spring order! Thank you for the heads up.

Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked vaporvac
  • Seeingreen

Now I simply want to grow the rose for her story.

Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked Seeingreen
  • Perma n’ Posies/9A FL

I decided I’m going to give her a try! HMs are doing well here so far, and it’s a bit smaller shape...at least in RI, lol! :-)

• Lilyfinch z7 mid tn

Wow that is a lovely story !! I thought the name was beautiful before reading it .. please update with photos! Can’t wait to see !

Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked Lilyfinch z7 mid tn
  • Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
    When, I saw the name..Hera. My first thought was the Greek Goddess. What a story !! Wow !
    Seems it will have clusters and clusters of blooms. I can't wait to see it also.
    jin
    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
  • lkayetwvz5

HCR also has several other roses from the old Fairmont Cemetary which might be interesting!

Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked lkayetwvz5