bklyncitrus

Kishu Mandarin

Been in bloom for 2 months now. I'm hopeful its old enough that some of the fruit sets, no drop lately and the fruit is larger in size.

• bklyn citrus (zone 7B)
    last year

Just pictures, the Kishu has no commercial value, I believe half dollar size, puffy skin, sweet and nearly seedless....a favorite of japanese households, not vigorous or cold hardy though, waiting to try

• Mikhail (Bay Area/East Bay - 9b)
    last year

Kishu is great. I should have planted it 2 years ago. Now I am thinking of grafting it to my existing trees.

bklyn citrus (zone 7B) thanked Mikhail (Bay Area/East Bay - 9b)
  • Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    last year

No commercial value? I picked up a small bag a few weeks ago at Whole Foods. Would buy them again in a heartbeat. They were a bit pricey though. Not for everyone I suppose, but I am willing to pay for GOOD fruit.

bklyn citrus (zone 7B) thanked Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
  • bklyn citrus (zone 7B)
    last year

Thats what I read, I'm surprised you can buy it, the knock on them (haven't tried one yet) is they are small and don't travel well

• Mikhail (Bay Area/East Bay - 9b)
    last year

They are sold here in the Bay too. We buy them at a local whole foods store in Walnut Creek near John Muir Hospital. They are expensive though - $6 for a small bag vs Clementines that are dirt cheap.