0

writing name on ceramic mug

John

I'm writing a name on the bottom of a mug (for identification) with Vitrea 160 Indian Red.

Should this withstand washing after firing at 325 degrees in the oven? Will this firing ruin the decal on the mug. (It's a copy of an art work).

Thanks,

.... john

• Najeebah

I have no idea, but I'd love to know if you do find out somehow. How was the art decal copied by the way?

• John

Hi Najeebah,

I have not found out how to do this. I did not want to take a chance on cracking it, or ruining the artwork, which is quite lovely, so I did not fire it. Yours is the only reply I've had. I don''t know how the decal was applied. I bought it the way it is.

Thanks,

...... john

• Najeebah

hm tricky. Have you tried contacting the manufacturers, either of the mug or ink?

John thanked Najeebah
  • John

No, I haven't gone that far. And now, I've given it to the person (my mother-in-law) that I bought it for. She loves it.

Thanks for the help.

.... john

• Najeebah

Glad to hear, keep well :)