0

Kitchen Pendant Lights

Jacqueline Thrower
Hello! We have made progress since purchasing this home, but I’m having a hard time making some final decisions. Or maybe my brain is just fried at this point.

I need to decide on kitchen pendants, of which there will be 2. (We removed one light, as the “x” in the old photo notes). The range hood is black, as well as the sink. Stove and refrigerator are both stainless. I was leaning a simple wood pendant...and then black...and then a charcoal concrete..and I’ve sort of confused myself.

Forgive the lighting in the larger kitchen photo, it was taken at night. The concrete backsplash is actually a light gray.

Any advice would be most appreciated!!

RL Relocation LLC

HMM...

1. what is the ceiling height?

2. how will the open cabinet access be affected by a light hung there?

3. when you sit at the bar, measure up to the top of your head, you wouldn't want them much lower than that as it seems the placement will be right in/ over where you sit.

4. The room feels a bit cold right now but at the same time color would pop, I think blue might be nice, but wood might get lost in the shuffle here.

• lulu bella

It;s a really attractive kitchen and I just love the rug. I think you have very nice taste so trust yourself.

(also, not sure what do you mean by wood lighting?). I can see an island light there but I am curious what you found that you were considering. I like the open cabinet too.

• Jacqueline Thrower
    Thank you both for your comments! The ceilings are 8ft. I don’t think the cabinet access or heads would be an issue. I’ve attached a couple of photos that depict the proximity a little better. I agree it may seem a little cold, my taste is pretty simplistic but I do plan on adding rugs and “things” as we move along. I hadn’t picked an exact wooden pendant light, but I’ll add a few photos of lights I’ve liked. Thanks again!
  • luckyblueeye

I love that you echoed the arch top of your cabinets in your new tile, very nice! Not cold at all, just updated and clean. I would not do hanging pendants, you will close the kitchen in visually.

RL Relocation LLC

Yes, I just dont think its the space, here is what I told clients in the passed.

take a red solo cup or any plastic cup, a piece of string and tape it to the ceiling. see how much cord and fixture you can actually get, also give you a visual, and scale.

Also are you changing the dining fixture?

Corbett Lighting Mini-Pendant Light with Mercury Glass 103-43

mercury glass maybe an option for you as well

RL Relocation LLC

with the counters as 38" and wanting the light to be about 24" of the counter you are not going to be able to have the decorative part of the pendant be very long or bulky

• Jacqueline Thrower
    Makes sense, I will definitely need to check some measurements! The dining light will be taken down as well. Thank you for your input and taking the time.
    Flo Mangan
    Clear glass would be best. Tight quarters. I would select the new dining table fixture first. Then find complimentary pendants. Longer narrow would work too.
    Flo Mangan
    Two examples. One for over table and pendants.
    Flo Mangan
    With your black items, here is black choices.
    RL Relocation LLC

my only thing with cage lights are the shadows, and the lack of actual light

• Jacqueline Thrower
    Thanks for your advice. I guess I should spend some time figuring out what I want for the dining room fixture. While I understand the recommendation of the glass, I just don’t think it will be cohesive with our home - the glass feels a little too traditional or farmhouse for what we’re going for.
  • salonva

Just browsing back here and Wow I love that "elegant lighting bjorn 44 inch" fixture that Flo posted.

I have no understanding as to how good it will be for lighting, but it's quite attractive (and omgoodness so pocket$ friendly!!)

• lulu bella

did you decide? I would love to see what you decide to do.

• Jacqueline Thrower
    lulu - I have not decided on light fixtures yet. I’m currently working on the living room and dining room, and hopefully that will help me determine what will be cohesive. I will definitely post when I decide on something!
  • bennyben75

Jacqueline, I really like your granite. What granite is it? Thanks!

• Jacqueline Thrower
    The granite was called White Sioux. I remember it being very similar to White Ice, but a little more expensive.
  • Cari
    Love your rug! Where did you get it.
  • annettea
    This could look nice with your curves. Really nice seeded glass. https://www.amazon.com/Kichler-43850OZ-Light-Mini-Pendant/dp/B019WW8ASK
  • Jacqueline Thrower
    Cari - I’m assuming your talking about the hide rug in my other post? The rug is the Grand Canyon collection from Loloi. The original one I posted was the gray/ivory and purchased from Hayneedle. The one I just posted is the silver/gray and purchased from Overstock. No preference to Hayneedle or Overstock, just caught them on sale both times!