Your shopping cart is empty.

DR chair suggestions

nhbaskets
February 10, 2019

Looking for suggestions of dining room chairs to use with my existing chairs when entertaining a crowd. My DR furniture is natural cherry. I have 8 chairs (6 side, 2 arm). I have another table that I add on when we have more than 8. This mostly happens on family holidays. Using card table chairs, I'm able to fit 14. So, I'm looking for recommendations for 6 chairs that would work with my existing chairs. Don't want to break the bank. These would only be used maybe 5 times per year. Looking for comfort, as we tend to sit for extended period.

My existing chairs:

This is how my DR has looked when set of 12:

The chairs at the end of the table I got from Wayfair. Not very comfortable and a pain to unfold.

Comments (13)

• nhbaskets

Just found these online for sale close by. Six Hitchcock chairs for $400. Thoughts? Good price?

• grapefruit1_ar

They are beautiful!! I also adore your hutch! Your home looks lovely.

nhbaskets thanked grapefruit1_ar
  • Martha Scott

I like those Hitchcock chairs and think they look lovely -- what are you going to do with the chairs for most of the year? For some reason as picky as I can be, when it's a big family crowd at a holiday dinner, I don't mind card table chairs and onesies.

nhbaskets thanked Martha Scott
  • Martha Scott

Is there anyway that you can look for your current chairs and just add to? Ebay, Craigs list, etc.?

nhbaskets thanked Martha Scott
  • ShadyWillowFarm
    I second checking Facebook marketplace, Craigslist sal army goodwill, etc.
    nhbaskets thanked ShadyWillowFarm
  • nhbaskets

When not in use, excess chairs would be stored in the basement. Our DR chairs have a wide back, so if I were to get similar chairs, I certainly could not fit 6 extra chairs.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    Walmart. Bargains.
    nhbaskets thanked Flo Mangan
  • nhbaskets

Flo. Hadn’t considered that. Will take a look.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    Here you go. Then set up chairs every other one so they mix up.
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    Another option. Great price too. Add seat cushion for additional comfort.
  • lovemrmewey

36.66 ea for the Hitchcock chairs seems fairly reasonable. I like them very much. Perhaps the seller would reduce price a little.... Love your house.

nhbaskets thanked lovemrmewey
  • nhbaskets

Actually, it's $66.66 each. Was thinking about offering $300.

• PRO
    Barcelona Designs

Hello nhbaskets! We have a wonderful selection of individual dining chairs as well as top-quality dining chair sets for your space. Check them out if you're still looking for that perfect set of dining chairs! Visit Barcelona Designs for more info!

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    Measure the front edges and back top edges to see how they would fit with your existing chairs.

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun).