0

Bathroom is done!

Sueb20

Before (done by PO in the 1990s):

After:

Waiting for shower door, curtain is temporary.

So happy to have our bathroom back, and I think it fits so much better with our circa 1900 home!

• Springroz

Outstanding!! I love the floor with the shower tile!!

• Sueb20

Dgw, it looks more blue IRL but yes, it’s got some greenish-ness.

• 4kids4us

Absolutely love your taste!

• 3katz4me

Beautiful - I love your tile choices! Runner looks nice too. My new wood stairs (post carpet removal) are currently naked but I have the runner picked out - just haven't gotten around to ordering/installation. DH slips on the stairs from time to time with or without carpet but I always planned to add a runner.

• Funkyart

Love the remodel-- love the blue cabinet!

The runner looks great-- and as someone who has fallen down naked steps in the past LOL, I think it's a smart move! (I made the mistake of using wood furniture polish on the stairs once.. and only once! It was horrendous-- and worse for the dogs than for me!)

• daisychain01

Love it! It so suits the style of your home.

• tartanmeup

Beautiful! You're so lucky to have the space for a beautiful armoire. I'm in love with your floor!!! Share source? (I like to be prepared for when I win the lottery.)

• gsciencechick

Wow, really turned out great! Love all the tilework.

Want to do our main bath.

• DLM2000-GW

Beautiful bath and stairs - you have really made this house your own in a very short time.

• d_gw

Sue, the cabinet is one color? On my screen it looks blue from the front and green from the side. I am already often confused, the internets don't help matters.

• writersblock

On my screen it looks blue from the front and green from the side.

How odd. On my calibrated monitor it looks green from the front and blue from the side. I assumed it was just a difference in the light.

Is this going to turn out to be another thing like that dress?

• Bluebell66

Very pretty! It's just perfect. Love the runner, too. It all looks very fresh.

• Yayagal

What a beautiful outcome, so individual, you are very creative and the house shows it, just marvelous!!

• nutsaboutplants

Wow Sue, that looks splendid! Love the blue and brown. That shot from the hallway with the blue cabinet/armoire is my favorite.

• Joaniepoanie

It turned out beautifully......love all your choices.

• OutsidePlaying

Such a huge difference! You did good, Sue! Especially love the blue tiles in the shower.

Hey, how is your shoulder? Have you had your surgery yet? DH had an MRI Friday and has a tear. He suspected the arthritis but wasn’t sure about the tear, so he will be talking to the surgeon in a few days.

• Feathers11

Congratulations! It's beautifully and tastefully done. (Cabinet looks green from front, blue from side on my monitor, btw.)

• d_gw

I misspoke above. I see two colors but mixed up the order. I also see green from the front and blue from the side.

• maddielee

Looks wonderful!

• Fun2BHere

I love that! The floor tile is adorable and the cabinet and pendant are perfect accents.

• l pinkmountain

Great job! I love the new mix of color and pattern. Nice shower niche too! We tiled our own shower and niches are tough to get right with the pattern and wall studs.

• Sueb20

Haha, the cabinet is, like, All the colors.

Yes, it’s more blue/turquoise on the side panels.

Thanks for the nice feedback! The tile isn’t as fancy as it might look — it’s ceramic tile that’s printed. I can’t recall how much it was, but ALL the tile for the whole room came in around $2200.

Outside — I had the surgery on Wed — which might explain why I’m spending so much time taking pics of my house. I’m dying of boredom.

• Sheeisback

That looks fantastic! I really like the tall cabinet and the ceiling light, and well... all of it. :)

The stairs look good too.

• Funkyart

Sue.. hope your recovery is moving along and that, boredom aside, you are doing well!

• blfenton

Bathroom looks great and yep the cabinet looks blue from the side and green from the front. I checked 3 times because I was so confused!

The runner looks great. When we put hardwood throughout the house we did carpet the stairs because of our elderly moms who visit, and also for when we get older.

• teeda

Wow, you did a great job! Love it all.

• czarinalex

So pretty! I'm a sucker for painted furniture. How nice to have that piece be visible from the hall. Your tile choices look great together.

• nosoccermom

Beautiful! Love the tile work and the storage cabinet.

It looks like it's been there all along. Very European.

• Arapaho-Rd

Love the bathroom! I'm curious about the shower threshold - what did you use? Also, did you tile the ceiling of the shower? The stairway runner looks really clean & fresh. Nice updates.

• Sueb20

Thank you again!

The threshold is a brown quartz that I chose to match the brown in the floor tile (and brown veining in the countertop quartz).

Yes, I didn’t really want to tile the shower ceiling but my contractor talked me into it.

• dedtired

Lovin’ that floor tile.

What surgery?

• Zalco/bring back Sophie!

Gorgeous! Every choice is perfection.

• Sueb20

ded — rotator cuff “cleanup” surgery. Turned out not to need RC repair but debridement (?) and excision of distal clavicle (whatever that means!).

• Delilah66

Both projects are absolutely top notch! I will say, though, that my heart plummeted when I saw the first photo. I thought why did she pair the gorgeous floor tile she planned with such dark shower tile? The succeeding photos restored my faith!

• nini804

Absolutely lovely!! You have wonderful taste.

• Rita / Bring Back Sophie 4 Real

That is perfect. The colors and patterns along with the fixtures all flow so beautifully together and seem so right for your house.

• wwbungalow

Just beautiful. Love it all ... your choices are perfect.

• aprilneverends

Love it. What a nice bathroom. Floors and hutch make it so cozy. The pendant is very cool. Enjoy it in good health!

• aktillery9

WOW!! You have a great eye! I love every last thing you have done. It is unique and gorgeous. I love the runner too!

Hope you are on the mend and feeling better.

• writersblock

Ha, Delliah, that was my reaction, too, I suppose because I see sooo many old houses with brand-new bathrooms just like that first pic. Very depressing.

D_gw, thanks for clearing that up.

Sue, I hope you have a speedy recovery. The more I look at this the more I like it. It's a completely modern-looking bath but respects the house so well.

• mtnrdredux_gw

Love it. You are very lucky you (that looks funny ... i mean your bathroom) had a leak. The prior bathroom looks entirely fine, but it is not something I would pick either. I hate houses like that, where you cannot in good conscience rip something out just because it is ... brown.

The new bath looks so cute, love the tile. It has a very charming not-trying-too-hard vibe that i really like. Funny, your MBA shower stall is virtually identical to the one we have in Maine, except ours is a frosted glass tile. But the same size, color, layout, and funny roof line. We also went w/ a shower curtain. I am so over glass shower doors, and not even because of water spots. I just find them cold, literally and figuratively.

Hope you feel better soon and are released from house arrest.

• Sueb20

Actually we are getting a glass door — the curtain is temporary. I don’t love the door option either but my contractor convinced me...

• mtnrdredux_gw

Too funny, I thought since you didn't mention it maybe you were going commando. We did curtains with all 4 baths we put in in Maine, and I am just totally anti-glass now. What was your contractor's argument? Water?

• robo (z6a)

Your bath is so sweet and charming. Not totally off the wall but just personalized and colourful enough. Beautiful!

• Sueb20

Mtn, I did mention it in my initial post actually. Yes, we actually have a similar shower at our beach house and we use a shower curtain there — but it’s larger so there’s less likelihood of water “escaping.”

Thank you all for the awesome feedback.

I still cant believe Delilah thought I might have picked that ’90s Santa Fe tile... ;-)

• mtnrdredux_gw

OMG, you are right, it does say that.

• Olychick

I think all the superlatives have been used up, but I simply love the bathroom (and the runner)! It's freshly classic and not trendy; goes perfectly with your home.

• LynnNM

It turned out so pretty, Sue! I love the new armoire/cabinet. What great storage you have now with it!

• fouramblues

I love all your choices! I’m starting to plan for a bathroom redo, and have been looking at so many encaustic-like tiles. Yours are so pretty!

• jojoco

Gorgeous and not cookie-cutter. Love it!

Hope you heal quickly.