0

Bedding to Match Rug

Blueostrich
We are finally bringing our master bedroom out of 1992. It will have natural maple floors, natural cherry furniture and the rug pictured below. I would normally start with the bedding, but through a chain of events, I’m starting with the rug. Any ideas on a direction for bedding? I’d love something a bit more than white, but I don’t want it to fight with the rug. I want to land the bedding, alongside the rug, before I pick paint/lamps/etc/etc. What do you think, you excellent decorators?

• tartanmeup

What a pretty rug! Do you have pictures of the room? What type of bedding were you thinking of, style-wise? You have a lot of colour options based on this rug. I'd be tempted to go with the darker blue but you may prefer a subdued green. A neutral colour to match the background would be lovely as well. You can pick up the other colours with pillows and accessories.

• aktillery9

I love the rug. I usually use quilts for my bedding. Whatever you decide I would go with a solid. You could use a solid color and then a solid neutral so you have some contrast.

I just now read what tartan said, sounds like we think alike!

• decormyhomepls

What is your room like? Lots of natural light? What colors are your walls? That rug is beautifu! I’d go with the blue in the rug with pillows that have the rugs colors. Or white with a really nice throw in the blue and pillows in a combo of colors like the rug.

post picture of room if you can

• Blueostrich
    So the room today is nothing like it will be. Hopefully! Pictures below are the “before.” Wallpaper is down. Carpet is set to be replaced with maple hardwood in April. Trim and doors will be SW Alabaster. Hard to tell with the dark green on dark green, but light is decent. Double window is northwest facing, single is southeast.
  • Blueostrich
    Hideous yellowed ceiling fan will also be replaced with a more updated one. We will also replaced the faux wood blinds, probably with drapes or Roman shades. Total overhaul!!
  • Molly
    Pretty rug! I found a couple of things that may work, hard to tell true colors on a computer screen.