0

Redoing Kitchen

Sarah Powers

We are remodeling our kitchen and I am having difficulty choosing a backsplash. I am currently planning to use Quartz countertop on eternal calacatta gold. it's mostly white with grey veins and a little gold/taupe. My cabinets will be a white shaker style. My house is an open floor plan and we have a lot of taupe/brown/beige. The walls are BM Bennington grey, which is a beige color. Do you think this counter top and backsplash will look good together and with the paint color that I currently have?

• Nicole
    YES THIS WILL LOOK AMAZING I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE FINAL PRODUCT
    Design Loft

Love the inspiration picture! It works well with it. I think it will work well with yours.

• Sarah Powers
    thank you! I initially posted a not so great picture of the backsplash and it looked very pink. the comments that I got were that the backsplash and counter top didn't look good together at all. you are building my confidence with this remodel! thanks!
  • Addition Planner

Honestly, I think you need to hold them up next to each other and take a picture if possible, or just judge for yourself. Greys and beiges can be really tricky...some are really warm, and others cool. I had a tile I liked on its own, but as you said, when I photographed it next to my countertop it was too grey and made the countertop look pink.

• Sarah Powers

I took these photos of them next to each other. it's just so hard to tell with sample sizes

GreenDesigns

That backsplash is bossy and beige. It does not go with the bossy and cold gray counter. You are setting up a warm cold clash in your choices.

• Addition Planner

I agree that the counter trends a little cooler, but I think it's neutral enough that it works. I have a beige-y counter and a more grey backsplash and I think they work well together.