Your shopping cart is empty.

Redoing Kitchen

Sarah Powers
February 13, 2019

We are remodeling our kitchen and I am having difficulty choosing a backsplash. I am currently planning to use Quartz countertop on eternal calacatta gold. it's mostly white with grey veins and a little gold/taupe. My cabinets will be a white shaker style. My house is an open floor plan and we have a lot of taupe/brown/beige. The walls are BM Bennington grey, which is a beige color. Do you think this counter top and backsplash will look good together and with the paint color that I currently have?

Comments (7)

• Nicole
    YES THIS WILL LOOK AMAZING I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE FINAL PRODUCT
  • PRO
    Design Loft

Love the inspiration picture! It works well with it. I think it will work well with yours.

• Sarah Powers
    thank you! I initially posted a not so great picture of the backsplash and it looked very pink. the comments that I got were that the backsplash and counter top didn't look good together at all. you are building my confidence with this remodel! thanks!
  • Addition Planner

Honestly, I think you need to hold them up next to each other and take a picture if possible, or just judge for yourself. Greys and beiges can be really tricky...some are really warm, and others cool. I had a tile I liked on its own, but as you said, when I photographed it next to my countertop it was too grey and made the countertop look pink.

• Sarah Powers

I took these photos of them next to each other. it's just so hard to tell with sample sizes

• PRO
    GreenDesigns

That backsplash is bossy and beige. It does not go with the bossy and cold gray counter. You are setting up a warm cold clash in your choices.

• Addition Planner

I agree that the counter trends a little cooler, but I think it's neutral enough that it works. I have a beige-y counter and a more grey backsplash and I think they work well together.

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun).