Software
Houzz Logo Print
ramanihouse

Impact Glass Windows : Need Advice

7 years ago

I am in the process of getting quotes from window companies for my single family residence (new construction in South Florida). Since my house has many windows, this is a significant part of the cost.


I am looking for general and specific advice. One company I went to changed the dimensions of the windows because the manufacturer they carry does not support the sizes per my Door and Window Schedule.


How does ES Windows compare to PGT? I know this question is very vague, but I can supply specific models if needed. Everything has to be impact rated with Low E.


I am looking at a mix of picture windows, horizontal sliders and casement windows.


How does Vinyl compare to Aluminium for frame material in sunny south Florida?

Does the casement mechanism degrade with constant use?

Is it a good/bad idea to have windows in the bathroom? Not so much about privacy but more about the effects of humidity etc.


I would really appreciate your thoughts. I can post the Window and Door schedule here if needed.


Thanks in advance!

Comments (10)