Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chknhlr95

Wanted: Seed Donations for USA virtual seed library

Jaymie Poujade
5 years ago

Seed donations of all types wanted for virtual seed bank. We can use everything, even seeds that are hybrids( they will be distributed solely for eating), seeds that are even several years old can be used. I have included a bit of information below that discribes what I am doing. Please also feel free to join!

I would like to share with you a new seed library/seed trading group I have created. Unfortunately at this time it is only open to members of the USA. Every skill level of gardener is welcome from beginners to advanced. It’s a family friendly group so parents are welcome to have their kids participate with them. I have quiet a few years experience with container gardening everything from tomatoes, peppers,flowers,cucumbers,beans and more. So if your limited on space that’s definitely an option that I can help with.

How it works: I will be keeping a collection of seeds that will be open for you to borrow from. You send in a self addressed stamped envelope to me and I fill your request for whatever variety you want to grow. You then plant the variety/varieties you picked out. After the plants mature, you simply send back some of the seed you harvest ( to restock the library’s supply for others) and you keep some to plant the following year or trade with others for different varieties. If you have a bad season, no harm no foul you are welcome to try again. My main goals are: 1)To allow people access to varieties they may have never heard of. 2) To help people get involved in seed saving to be more self sufficient ( and save mone 3) Preserve the genetic variation in plants by helping a variety of people learn to save seed. 4) To create a group where everyone feels welcome and can learn together.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/316927732294809?ref=bookmarks&soft=search

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!