0

Aurora Boreal Quartzite?

Tamara B
Hello! I am new here a remodeling my kitchen (so excited!). I’ve decided in granite or quartzite, and fell in love with one called “Aurora Boreal”, although I think this may have been tagged with an incorrect name. My KD is looking for a third slab, but I’m sketchy that the name is right because when I search online all i find is Aurora Borealis which looks nothing like this. Does anyone recognize this stone?

• Pam A

It looks like a slightly darker version of a stone I'm considering called Miramar White. But man, it is so hard with these stones. I think half of them are just cousins off the same block. Have you read about the glass test & etching test? Those are important, I am going to try them on a few stones tomorrow to see which one is a quartzite and which is more like a marble.

• Tamara B
    Thanks Pam A! I will check out the name you mention as well. My KD found a couple more slabs that look nice, but not quite as amazing as the first - will have to check them out live to be sure!
  • Tamara B
    I have heard about the glass/etching tests and will be sure to try those as well before I decide.