Software
Houzz Logo Print
stacie_haaga

Cast Iron tub on top of vinyl plank flooring?

7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hello, we're in the midst of doing a bathroom renovations and have a 500# cast iron freestanding tub sitting in the garage, waiting to be installed. In hindsight, I'm not sure I would make this decision again (it's a bit unwieldy for a *mostly* diy!) but I think I'll love it... if it ever actually gets installed. Question for you all is, are we ok to sit it on top of vinyl plank flooring? I have gotten conflicting opinions (and yes, we have reinforced the floor). We have not settled on the flooring yet but I do not want tile, that much is for sure. Now I'm wondering if we should consider a sheet vinyl instead of planks but we really love the LifeProof we installed in a smaller bathroom.

Comments (10)