Software
Houzz Logo Print
permanposies9afl

Edith Schurr’s many colors


She is divinely fragrant too! :-)

Comments (21)

  • 7 years ago

    What an outstanding photograph. You've really captured the beauty of this rose. The color gradations are exquisite.

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
  • Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
  • 7 years ago

    I love the blend of pastel colors, and the sweet fragrance sounds scrumptious. Thank you for the introduction to this rose.


    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked Krista_5NY
  • 7 years ago

    Wow ! I have never heard of this but it’s beautiful!!

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
  • 7 years ago
    Erasmus, i will say it is not the same rose. Each bloom is so different and unique from one another. I am really impressed with this rose. Absolutely beautiful!!
    Perma, I live your photography and you sure did capture all the colours. She is a rainbow.
    She comes in colours........
    This is for you. I was listening to this song when I turn to your thread. Your rose gave me a biggest grin ever.....
    n a laugh.

    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=
    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
  • 7 years ago

    Thank you all—she surprised me today; I did not see this bud until fully open. I wish I could share the fragrance with you!

    Erasmus, great photos! She’s quite variable—I’d love to see the green!

    Jin—how fun to think of this sweet little lady and The Rolling Stones together! :-)

  • 7 years ago

    Love roses with blended colors. What is her fragrance like? .

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked totoro z7b Md
  • 7 years ago

    I just love discovering roses that I've never seen of before and that is certainly on the list as a favorite new rose.

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
  • 7 years ago
    Ohhhh amazing! Those colors are incredible. HMF says “strong, damask fragrance.” How does it smell?
    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked Stephanie, 9b inland SoCal
  • 7 years ago

    Thank you all! I am excited about her second year with me, since she’s budding more this year. Her fragrance is very sweet damask, and wafts, too. :-)

  • 7 years ago

    Here is another picture..every bloom looks different. See if you can see any green at the base of the petals.

    I have one plant in a lot of shade ..maybe that's why the pinks are not as pronounced on mine.

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked erasmus_gw
  • 7 years ago

    Gah!!!! She's magnificent!!!


    Please tell us about her and I look forward to lots of pictures!

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked suncoastflowers
  • 7 years ago

    So pretty, another one for the never ending list! lol

    ~Sjn

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
  • 7 years ago

    It does get some blackspot.

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked erasmus_gw
  • 7 years ago

    Ok. I can’t take it. I’ve tried to ignore this post, it’s not like I don’t have plenty to do inside AND out but I’m clearly a very weak person.

    Where can I purchase this rose???

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked oursteelers 8B PNW
  • 7 years ago

    So far, she’s very mannerly. She might be happy in a pot, even. She’s going into the ground here, hopefully this weekend. (Over the last two weekends I’ve planted 22 roses, and quite a few more to go. Trying to get them all in before it gets too hot here.)

    I got her from Antique Rose Emporium last year. She’s definitely ready to get out of her pot, but bloomed constantly until November, then took a little winter nap, perhaps because she was in complete shade, and is now ready to bloom her self crazy again. I’m just thrilled to have a damask fragrance that likes the South. I know I’ve seen photos of her at Florida Southern College, too, if you wanted to see more mature shrubs. :-)

  • 7 years ago
    “Sweet damask that wafts” she is soooo tempting!
    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked Stephanie, 9b inland SoCal
  • 7 years ago

    Edith who? She was new to me, but now I can’t un-see her, I so love blends — and wish I had that degree of photographic skill.

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked Sylvia Wendel
  • 7 years ago

    How is disease resistance? It’s killing me! What a beautiful bloom and it’s smelly! Now I have to add it to my list.

    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked gagalzone8
  • 7 years ago

    She is a little black-spotty in heavy rain. I think she‘s happiest in full sun; she had a few BS leaves when she was in a shady spot, but then I moved her to a sunny spot and it cleared up. She didn’t let that stop her from blooming. :-)