Software
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_52310281

Thoughts on kitchen design

7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago





Just finished our kitchen remodel! The cabinet color turned out slightly lighter than I expected and I’m just looking for some other opinions! Does this work???? I think I like it but I’m just not sure yet.... should I add black hardware? Or keep the brushed nickel? what do you all think???



Comments (22)

  • 7 years ago

    It's beautiful. Very serene and tranquil. If you want some color you could add a rug, a window treatment or a kettle that coordinate. Or matte black hardware?

    User thanked klcinaz
  • 7 years ago

    Very pretty!

    User thanked zmith
  • 7 years ago

    nice change for you..it's really so nice!. I'd keep the finish but measure the dimension of the handles and get a traditional curve shape. those extended ends on straight pulls just read modern and all too common...as your space is now traditional and the details show with the light colors , I'd make sure the handle shape was more in keeping. It shouldn't be a hard thing to find a better one.

    User thanked herbflavor
  • 7 years ago

    Thank you! I’ve been looking at hardware and have Been clueless on what direction to go.

  • 7 years ago

    So pretty! What cabinet colour is this?

    User thanked Janice B
  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    I think what you are worried about is a lack of contrast. To me it looks good, but I think you may appreciate black pulls. I think "bin pulls" for the cabinets that currently have t-bar handles would be nice. I would stick with knobs on the rest of the cabinets (like you currently have but in black). Important question: what size are your current t-bar handles (what is the distance between the two screws on your current t-bar handles)?

    User thanked J D
  • 7 years ago

    Janice B- cabinet color is urban sunrise by Valspar. It’s such a soft gray!

  • 7 years ago

    bin pulls:


    User thanked J D
  • 7 years ago

    I love it as is. If you get bored in a few years, you could explore the hardware substitution. Colourful kitchen accessories should do it.

    User thanked aky3
  • 7 years ago
    Very calming, and it’s a color I’d love to see every day. I think it’s all fine as is and quite beautiful. Live with it a while and see how you feel about the knobs and pulls. Well done!
    User thanked User
  • 7 years ago
    Hammered iron Black hardware would make your really nice renovation even better.
    User thanked keith Dcil
  • 7 years ago
    So beautiful!!! I would add a rug
    User thanked teddytoo
  • 7 years ago
    A pop of color is needed. Consider kitchen towel with color. The current one does not stand out. Also the flower pot just blends in. Someone mentioned a kettle which is a good idea only if you would use it. Overall you did a very good job. All the best
    User thanked Toni Hamlett
  • PRO
    7 years ago

    Personal preference of course, but a pop of color would work! Otherwise, it loos fantastic as is. Well done and enjoy!

    User thanked Door Corner
  • 7 years ago

    It reads like a light grey blue on my computer. Very pleasing. Maybe change out the hardware but IMO not necessary. Accessorize a few things, it looks very nice to me. I would be very happy.

  • 7 years ago

    Great Job!!!

  • 7 years ago
    It’s lovely! Are the cabinets blue toned? I would keep the pulls as is.
  • 7 years ago

    Yes! They are light gray with slight blue undertones.

  • 7 years ago
    Looks great! I would put drawer pulls on the two fake drawers under the sink. I start my reno in a month!
  • PRO
    7 years ago

    Looks great! Love the counters & backsplash! Keep the brushed nickel pulls.

  • 7 years ago

    someone photoshop a deeper grey color over the cabinets and tile. I personally like the light hardware on the light cabinets, I do not like the black hardware that is super trendy now.

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!