My builder uses Houzz Pro to plan the timeline and give detailed estimates and daily updates with photos of progress, and provide invoices at pre-agreed key points in the build. This made the whole experience much more efficient and stress-free.
So pretty! I was recently sent a little plant of this which may not be hardy in my zone. Do you think it's realistic to keep it as a pot pet? Your picture make me really want to try!
Your Devoniensis is gorgeous, Sheila. Tell that geranium to back off! ;)
Vaporvac, I know that this rose can eventually get very large, so am not intending to keep it in a pot forever. It has a reputation for building size slowly, so I thought I'd get a small one and grow it in a pot until I have a more permanent place for it. You'd probably be able to keep it in a pot for quite some time if the pot was big enough.
The picture at Mottisfont does look like Devoniensis -- the blooms at least. If that much bare cane is typical for it as a climber, it might be best planted behind another large rose bush (or similar) where the floriferous part would be visible but its "legs" would be screened from view. I'm optimistic about how it will look as a bush as it matures. The foliage is dark, and starts out as wine red -- which looks great with its pale blooms. It starts out so small... surely you have room for the bush form somewhere in your garden?
ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
Related Professionals
Aberdeen Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Plainfield Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Fall River Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Lake City Landscape Contractors · McComb Landscape Contractors · Worthington Landscape Contractors · Grand Forks Landscape Contractors · Binghamton Landscape Contractors · Allentown Landscape Contractors · Odessa Landscape Contractors · Coos Bay Landscape Contractors · El Dorado Home Builders · Mountain Home Home Builders · Rutland Home Builders · Amherstburg Home BuildersSheila z8a Rogue Valley OR
K S 7a YakimaOriginal Author
K S 7a YakimaOriginal Author