Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karenr__sternberg

Propagation, Odd & Ends

Karen S. (7b, NYC)
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi Folks,

Happy Spring, finally a sunny day or 2 here in NYC, after a lot of rainy days. Here's some odds & ends of succulent leaves I set up to root.

Almost 2 months old. I did nothing other than drizzle a bit of water on the mix once or twice.

They really do well w/ almost total neglect. Kitchen table, near a west window; I just moved them into a bit of direct sun from time to time.

Another set up, this one is pure Pumice, at 2 weeks since I potted the leaves, they're just starting to show their new growth.

A different window & set up, in pure Perlite.

Fun to play w/ these leaves from off the ground at a Succulent Vendor at 14th St. Green Market, especially after a recent talk I attended on various methods of Plant Propagation. I'll likely give these all away as I don't have enough sun to grow Echeveria types, tho' I may keep the Jade leaves if their pups look strong.

Worth noting for the newbies I don't touch the leaves at all & never lift them out to check if rooted. Once I see new growth, I water in between the plants, being careful not to wet the leaves.

A great reminder of how little these plants need to get going!

Comments (5)