Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
engineerchic56

Ruggable Users - anyone have a Roomba?

Pam A
4 years ago

I am looking at getting a Ruggable for an area in my kitchen that needs something (it's basically a mudroom with doors on 3 sides and cabinets for coats & other things you need heading in or out). But we are also hoping to get a Roomba in the near future.

The Ruggable site doesn't mention how robot vacuums fare with their rugs. 1 reviewer on Amazon said their Roomba moved the top layer around a lot (not good). 1 reviewer on Wayfair said their Ruggable stood up to two rambunctious dogs and a Roomba. So ... I'm so confused.

This forum is where I first heard about them so I thought perhaps someone here has BOTH a Ruggable and a Roomba and can tell me if they can coexist in peace?

Comments (25)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4 years ago

My roomba does not like my area rug in my LR but it is a shag and quite thick I did not know about ruggables but seem like an awesome idea for where you want it. But no idea how the roomba will like it in my head I think it will just get moved around too much.

Pam A thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • writersblock (9b/10a)
    4 years ago

No roomba here, but I wanted to ask you about the Ruggable. Does the underpad leave any kind of marks on the floor? I've been wondering how they would do on a wood floor but can't find anyone who has tried.

Pam A thanked writersblock (9b/10a)
  • chloebud
    4 years ago

Love our Roomba but I pretty much just use it on our bare floors. I use our upright or canister vacuum for area rugs. Wish I could be more help, but Roombas are definitely nice to have.

Pam A thanked chloebud
  • Pam A thanked isitdoneyet
  • PRO
    Kim Dowell, AKBD
    4 years ago

My Roomba does fine on our large area rug in living room and both bath mats which are large shag. We have a small mat under an office chair that will roll up on the edges.

Pam A thanked Kim Dowell, AKBD
  • suseyb
    4 years ago

The ruggable should be fine on wood floors. They are not safe for all vinyl plank floors. I think that they might be ok with a roomba, but they tend to curl up on the corners, and if the roomba caught on that part, it would be problematic.

Pam A thanked suseyb
  • writersblock (9b/10a)
    4 years ago

Thanks, suseyb!

Pam A thanked writersblock (9b/10a)
  • Sharon
    4 years ago

Love both my Ruggable and my Roomba. We have no issues.

Pam A thanked Sharon
  • Sharon
    4 years ago

Ruggable

Pam A thanked Sharon
  • deb s
    4 years ago

I also have ruggable in my rentals and they are fantastic very easy to clean

Pam A thanked deb s
  • Sharon
    4 years ago

I’ve asked Ruggable about safety with LVP and was told the under layer will not discolor or damage the floor.

Pam A thanked Sharon
  • bowser24
    4 years ago

My daughter has a large area rug (Ruggable) plus the Neato (robot vac). It’s fantastic. She loves it.

• jlynn
    4 years ago

I also have two Ruggables and a Neato. The robot vac works great with them.

• Megan Boud
    3 years ago

I just had to return my brand new eufy robot vacuum because it started to ruin the edges of my ruggable rugs and was hoping someone can tell me another robot vacuum that won't ruin my ruggable rugs?

• Brian Burri
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

We have multiple Ruggables on our hardwood floors and love them. They do not discolor the wood. We also have multiple Roombas and love them as well. They do not, however, coexist well. The Roombas contribute to the edge curling of the Ruggables and eventually consume the rug edging. We're sadly looking for alternatives.

• Anne Duke
    3 years ago

Use a cheap stick vac (Bissell 3 in 1) on the ruggables.

• Jim Adams
    3 years ago

I see this old thread has been reopened. We have two new area ruggables and a Roomba. The DO NOT coexist well! The Roomba pulls the edges up, especially the corners. We now vac the ruggables and pick them up before letting Roomba do its thing. A little of a pain, but it allows us to use the Roomba, which we love. It's a good tradeoff.

• rhonda hoffman
    3 years ago

Have a ruggable runner in our kitchen and a roomba. No issues with their coexistence. But horrible type of shedding from the rug /pad whenever we pull them apart to wash the rug.

• amysaid1
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I came home to this one day,

so i agree they do not coexist very well.. over time the roomba curled up the edges and finally wore it down..

• Sumika Singh
    last year

I have a robot vacuum and a Ruggable, completely destroyed the edges of the carpet.

• HU-655379838
    last year

Hi, i see aome of you have a roomba and mentioned they dont cohexist well. i wonder if the roomba had bristlers or ir tye are the new foam rollers?

• Jim Adams
    last year

You may want to read and edit your post. I'm not really sure what you are saying/asking. Thanks.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    11 months ago

I actually dislike rugs in kitchens other than maybe anti fatigue the regular rugs are a tripping hazard and for sure would be if the edges curled up. I woudl use mats in the mud room that can just be thrown in the wash and forget the ruggable in the kitchen . I use my roomab in my walkout becuase that is where the dogs go in and out of the dog run but upstairs we use a reauglar builtin vacuum now