Software
Houzz Logo Print
slfalcone

fireplace wall

13 years ago
I have a floating fireplace that is not mounted low, like a traditional fireplace. It does not have a hearth, we installed a narrow, long mantel, however, I am not liking the look of the fireplace overall and am considering surrounding it with tile (to the ceiling) but am unsure how wide to go beyond the fireplace. I wanted the more contemporary rectangle shaped fireplace, but my builder couldn't seem to deliver (the house was constructed last Sept). The surround is stainless steel & black and inside the fireplace is white crystal-like glass that looks pretty and contemporary alike, especially when lit. I am considering removing the mantel and surrounding the fireplace in 12x24 rectangle tiles in a cement like color from floor to ceiling (cathedral ceilings in the room). If I add tile to the FP surround, I will probably remove the mantel. I may re install it again, but not make it quite as long (perhaps a foot longer than the actual FP and line it up to one side of the FP). Additionally, the fireplace is not centered on the wall as the bump on the other side of the FP is in our master and that needed to be centered.

Comments (2)