Cove Dishwasher

K. Brown
last year

My Miele conked out after only 4 years. I have decided to give the brand new Cove Dishwasher a try. Five year warranty plus 1 extra year added by having it installed by Certified Installer. I bought the one without the water softener as I am on deep well water. I’ll post my experiences if you’d like.

• akrogirl32
    last year
    last modified: last year

Suzanne, thank you for your report. I think that is the one we will go with.

• Melissa Coen
    last year

Does anyone have a report of how well the cove dishwasher dries?

About to Give Up!!!

THANK YOU for the posts & pix. There are plenty of microwave options for hiding strategies and we'll get to that when the general floorplan works the way you need it to work. Yes, I liked your revision drawing! I'm going to color the windows for future reference (mine I guess). I have another one to send up after I get work well underway (no sense in saying "under control"). It's my EUREKA moment. I'm thinking of the persimmon color in your previous pictures. It really is awesome with an old-world-meets-new-world color scheme. What is you color scheme? Anyhoo, check out this site for inspiration: http://weburbanist.com/2009/03/17/10-of-the-coolest-counter-surface-material-designs/ Also, can you browse WINDOW sites for the next hour and pick three that would enhance your kitchen any way you like? I need to do a little--ah--remodeling that includes a new window. Please post them. You'll love it, I promise. If not, feel free to fire me. What's pup's name? And does the little one need a built-in bed under the counter (BTW, Houzz has the very best pictures for dog life!!!!!!!!).

Why are nice looking ductless range hoods like searching for unicorns?

I am having a similar problem. We are renovating the kitchen; however, there is no way to vent outside. We did not want to put the microwave over the 30" range. We are looking for a recirculating/ductless hood that can be inserted. We are in a quandary and the recirculating kits are not available in our area and will take a week of two to arrive. Our contractor hopes to complete the job within the next couple of days. We need ideas!

Opinions on Kitchen layout/colors

Wow, harsh crowd! Ok. So let me go over a few things. We are a family of 4 w/a 10 and 21 yo. We dont entertain much at all and I dont cook a lot because hubby works nights and our daughter is always at school or work. So for the most part, its only my son and I here. I really only "need" one oven, but about 10 years ago got a double oven because I wanted one. We have not used it much in the last couple of years though. We'll use the island for cooking, eating and probably doing homework on. The over all "look", is more of what I was asking about and/or extra eyes to say it might look better to do this instead of that w/the cabinetry. So thanks to those that suggested window treatments, using colorful fabrics, stools at the island, adding crown molding, soffits, recessed lighting, valances, going to ceiling w/cabinets, color on the walls instead of the cabinets and carpet in the kitchen. Great ideas so far. Yes, indeed price is a factor in our cabinetry. I am definitely not looking for an upper end redo. My budget Id say is under $15,000 (cabinets only). Im not looking for a fancy expensive kitchen. My kitchen is not very big and I dont really have that much room along the East wall anyways. Plus, many of those cabinet features IMO are not a necessity and/or can be added in later. Rather than spend $400 on a silverware divided base cabinet, I can pay $200 for the same base cabinet w/no divider and purchase a divider for $20 or make my own. Same w/the trash can pull out. One with existing cabinetry who wants a trash can pull out would just go purchase the hardware and do it themselves. At least Id have a trash can pull out, who cares if it came w/the cabinets or not. Also, anyone who walks into my kitchen is not going to see that, they are going to see the over all look of the kitchen. Plumbing and electrical have already been run and our house is fully electric (not sure why that KD added a gas cook top). We currently have a double oven and our cook top will eventually sit on top the island (it is already set up for a cook top w/down draft). We are currently using a stove to cook on and will continue to do so until we get the cook top on the island. Our other appliances will stay for now. Our fridge is new, but the dishwasher and double oven will need to be updated. We do have the option to add an island later as its not going to match the cabinetry and doesnt have to. Ive seen lots of options where the island is a different color or even a totally different material altogether. I dont think its silly not to add an island in right this minute. A few months isnt going to kill anyone. The problem w/going to the ceiling w/cabinets is that we'd have that extra expense of cabinets on top of the others (we probably wont even use them). Plus our ceiling is vaulted, so I dont really like the idea of cabinets going up that high. I will most likely end up going w/the light gray cabinets. Its so light it almost looks white. I can add color to the room w/paint and the backslash, and more color when we add in the island w/chairs. I'm not too worried about things that seem to be or will become dated (like the bumped out sink base w/or w/out legs). I love the look and it will be in my kitchen for me to enjoy. We are replacing old cabinets. They are nasty shop type cabinets and I dont plan to live another 10 more years w/them. The only area that will be getting new cabinetry for the first time is the East double oven wall and the island will be a new addition. I understand a lot of concerns here, but I think our ducks are in a row. Why does every one think Im not using KD? Maybe just not a good one? Thanks, Tina

mid century kitchen redux - your help needed!

Thank you. I forgot about depth of the cooktop, but that certainly has to be considered, too. There's a fan and light under the microwave, over the cooktop. Someday the microwave will have to be replaced, too, but for now it works out pretty well.
  • Allison0704
    last year

Melissa, Suzanne had reported - two posts above yours.

• Suzanne
    last year

Yes everything is dry

• Melissa Coen
    last year

Thank you for pointing that out Allison! And thank you Suzanne! I am waffling between the Miele and Cove. The Cove is just so new. Interesting that the Cove has reverted to a heating element. I thought most company’s were taking them out as if something falls (like plastic) it could melt!

• laundryvet
    last year

I'm pretty certain that the Cove dishwasher came out in 1Q 2018. With all product introductions from a well run conservative company, they probably did a ramp up to a higher level of production volume probably starting out with very low volumes and offering only to select markets initially. I don't think you can compare the build quality of the racks and the jets between the low end domestic dishwashers and a Cove, the Cove is simply better in every way, particularly in sound levels where it is reported to be in the 30's dB - that is quiet.

I took a hard look at the Cove, and was thoroughly impressed, but I did end up buying a lower end Miele because it just cleans well, has huge capacity for thin dishes, is quiet, and more of the cost of the product seemed directed into the overall unit rather than a bunch of fancy control options I would never use than some brands. Neither is a poor choice, and if funds are limited, there are some solid other options out there in the $500-$800 range.

We all have disposable income. Everyone has a passion. Some are houses, some are the appliances in the house, others are into cars, boats, art, jewelry or other highly expensive hobbies. That said, be compassionate to someone whose passion that might not be in sync with yours. Not everyone is focused on "bang for the buck".

• B D
    last year

@laundryvet – Not everyone is focused on "bang for the buck".

So true. If bang for the buck were the only important factor, there'd be no room for products that put a premium on aesthetics. Or nice-to-have-but-unnecessary features.

• zaidelja
    last year

Any updates from those who own Cove dishwashers?

• Allison0704
    last year

I recently took my sister to get a new refrigerator and DW. The saleslady at a large local appliance store said she would not recommend the new Cove dishwashers. I think they have a. few kinks to work out.

• anoop
    last year

Every store that has the Cove in my area that I have visited strongly recommends it. If I had not come across the negative review linked above, i would have been very tempted to get one.

• edjpalm
    last year

I purchased the Cove with the water softener. It was on back order for over a month and was finally delivered and installed mid September. Unfortunately it did not live up to all the marketing hype. I would consistently find dirty dishes and dirty spoons at the conclusion of very long cycles. Casserole dishes did not come out clean even after using a 7 hour soak and scrub cycle. Quiet YES, excellent washability NO. I found the auto cycle most useless. I don’t know if it was the sensors, water temperature, water distribution, or whatever—my dishes weren’t as clean as I wanted and i grew tired of carefully inspecting each and every dish and utensil for redeposit when unloading. It was most embarrassing when a guest used a dirty spoon that came out of a brand new dishwasher. I must say that all of the folks at Subzero have been great— they promptly sent out a service tech—he replaced a diverter valve which unfortunately didn’t change anything. The repair tech stated several times that this is a difficult machine to repair. Then SZ had me connect my machine to their app so their engineers could determine why I was getting such poor washability. They had me submit pictures of pre and post loads. They concluded I was loading properly and their machine cycles were performing as designed. In the end, they offered to buy back their machine and I accepted. I respect Subzero, particularly their stellar customer service and their offer to buy back the machine. At this point, I feel one probably needs to wait another year or two for SZ to work out the bugs in this dishwasher before deciding to purchase their dishwasher. When i read the recent Cove review on Reviewed.com, it certainly rang true to my experiences with this machine. There are definitely other machines in the market place that clean a lot better. Other observations: the end of cycle chime alert is hardly audible— there is no way in their current design for the user to make it louder. You can adjust the pitch, but you can’t make it louder. The lower rack is very hard to adjust with arthritic hands. My plates and bowls did not secure nicely into the racks as in other dishwashers I have owned in other houses over the years. The upper third utensil rack is much too shallow for larger serving utensils. Unlike all of my other stainless appliances, the stainless door panel on the Cove DW is difficult to clean and smudges very easily. I have since replaced the Cove with Miele (Lumen Ecoflex). I am now a very happy camper—Miele consistently washes like a champ. The Miele holds a lot more of my dishes, the racks adjust easily, and the dishes come out squeaky clean every time. The stainless door on the Miele looks great and is very easy to maintain.

• phenie53
    last year

I also have had a Cove dishwasher for 2 months now, and I agree that there is something to be desired in washability. I was drawn to this dishwasher by the saleswoman's claim that it is designed to last 20 years, which is far longer than most appliances these days. I also don't care for the periodic technical glitches that require one to turn off the appliance at the breaker box so it can reboot.

• B D
    last year

I’ve had mine for 2 months and have been extremely happy with it. Once I figured out the best way to load the thing, based on my dishes and cookware, it has been pretty much as advertised.

I don’t expect any dishwasher to completely dry plastics in a “normal” program. And I scrape my plates thoroughly. So far, I have liked it much better than the 2 Bosch machines I’ve owned.

• Terri Lindsay
    last year

I‘m about to pull the trigger on appliances, and all of the above has me even more confused. I was going with the Cove, but now, idk. We aren’t putting custom panels on our appliances, was one reason, and I want things to really match. I also liked the cool interior, and the way you can adjust the all the racks so well. I need the water softener with the hard water here in Florida. Problem is, I also like my dishwasher to wash dishes.

I've had my cove dishwasher for about 8 months. I love how sturdy it is and the layout for loading dishes. I am having trouble setting the options to get the glasses clean. Lately they look cloudy and I have to rinse them. Does anyone have a suggestion for which options to use?

• edjpalm

RE: cloudy glasses—HU-9269624735497– can you post a picture of what your glasses look like after they are washed in the machine? Are they etching or do they have film and redeposit? Have you tried adjusting the rinse aid? Have you contacted Cove? They have 24/7 customer service. You definitely need to contact Cove because they need to know if their machine is not performing up to par. Remember this is their first introductory dishwasher and they need to know of issues so they can work out the bugs. You have paid a premium to have this machine in your home and it should perform with consistently excellent results. I was never able to get consistently shiny spot free glasses with my Cove. I had tinkered with the rinse aid setting and even tried using the sani rinse option to no avail. I had the Cove model with the water softener and sadly the machine was never able to consistently perform to my satisfaction. In fact it was the worst dishwasher i have ever owned (and I have had many houses and many dishwashers over my lifetime). My machine had a continual issue with redeposit on glasses and dishes— the service tech said Cove needs to fix their water distribution system—Cove kindly refunded my money and I replaced the machine with a Miele Lumen (similar price point) and couldn’t be happier. That being said, Subzero/Wolf/Cove is an excellent company with stellar customer service. They want you to be happy with their appliances.

• Chany Lefkowitz

We recently did a new Kitchen and purchased all our appliances at AJ madison. The representative there recommended we go with the COVE dishwasher and we made the purchase based on the recommendation. I randomly went online and noticed some negative reviews on the COVE. I would love to hear from users 1 year+ is it worth the hassle of arguing this for return? The unit is not yet installed but we would be subject to a 30% restocking fee:(

• zaidelja

We went ahead with the Cove despite a few negative reviews. We messaged a few people that had it and all of them had positive things to say. We've had it installed since last winter and don't have any complaints. The layout is great for us, can fit a lot in there and the only very rare instance where a dish wasn't sparkling clean, it was due to crowding. Whisper quiet and dries much better than our previous Bosch.

• Chany Lefkowitz

Thanks so much for your feedback. We decided to keep the unit. Hopefully it will work out well for us too!

zaidelja, what settings do you use? My glasses come out cloudy. I do like the the layout as well

• tfellowes

Hi I have a Cove and I love it
    I had Miele in my last house but we are in a mountian town and can’t get service
    My whole kitchen is subvert wolf cove for that reason
    What I love - holds a lot, tons of room for wine glasses, lots of adjustments, many different cycles, cleans perfectly
    The red and green dot!! Best ever to let you know when it’s on
    What I don’t like - I have to clean the filter a lot - once a week - but it gets used a lot. I can get it It in and out without taking out the racks
    We are on a well and have a water softener.

Lately it’s been making a loud noise for about 6 secs on start up. I can’t find anything about that online so umm calling them tomorrow

• maryjoyw40

I have used Miele dishwashers in my homes for about 25 years now - they are wonderful, the best, IMO. We moved about 5 years ago and replaced the awful Asko with Miele again - wonderful! I missed my white kitchen so did a total kitchen redo last year. I like Wolf SubZero for refrigeration and ovens and was talked into the Cove at the Wolf showroom ( also recommended by the appliance dealer who also came with us). It was the worst purchase I ever made! My dishes are practically clean when I put them in and the Cove succeeds in water staining all my silverware in the top rack. Knives have water stains along the bottom and forks and spoons have stains in other areas - not water spots, but stains where the water moves down in the drying process. It's not a matter of cleaning, but of water staining. I now have to rewash and dry silverware to get rid of water stains. Lately, I've noticed another issue - my cups now have coffee and tea stains in them. I've never had this happen before, even with cheap dishwashers before I went to Miele. I am still under full warranty. (My appliances have been in just 4 months). I am going to continue to try to get an answer from these people. If I can't get any results, I will throw out the Cove and put a Miele in my new kitchen. OH! Let me mention two more things. The repair man said you have to run your water in the sink until it get really hot before starting the Cove dishwasher! And you have to run it at least 45 times when it's new before it works at top performance. I've done that and it hasn't improved. Plus service man said to run on the long cycle, 3+ hours. Who runs a dishwasher for that long? My dishes aren't even dirty when I put them in!!! I know this post sounds rambling, but other than set up design and space, which the Miele also has, there is not one good thing to say about this appliance!

• dadoes

Are you using rinse aid? Dishwashers nowadays are engineered to require it.

I’ve tried many options and found the auto with extended dry to work the best so far. The glasses are clearer but not great

• maryjoyw40

Yes, I am always using rinse aid. My problem is with marking on the silverware (not spots) if I use rack or the baskets. Also, a problem with coffee and tea staining my mugs. Cove dishwasher.

Also, a comment on the cloudy glass problem mentioned above. When we moved to this house 5 years ago, they had an Asko dishwasher. My glasses were becoming cloudier and cloudier. After a year, I finally replaced it will a Miele and all my glassware became crystal clear. No other change was made in the house.

• boba1

Did the Miele you replaced the Asko with have a water softener in it? And if so, did you use it?

• edjpalm

Maryjoyw40, your Cove story sounds like mine (and others based on some of the reviews I am reading online). Do yourself a big favor and call customer service and ask Cove to buy their machine back from you (like they did for me). Tell them you are through dealing with the unacceptably poor washability from their high priced machine. Their repair man is talking nonsense. He knows he can’t fix a poorly designed machine. Be done with it and move on; trust me it (Cove) won’t get better. Use your refund and buy a real working dishwasher (Miele). That’s what I did and I couldn’t be happier....my Miele Lumen (similar price point) washes and dries beautifully. No more dishwasher drama. And I know you will love Miele’s special “quick intense” cycle that washes and dries in an hour. You will not have to run your water at the sink until it is hot because Miele can actually be hooked up to cold water (if you want) because it heats its own water to the precise temperature it needs to wash your dishes perfectly without etching, staining, and redeposit.

• dadoes

I don't drink coffee but tea stains don't clear (particularly on plastic pitchers & parts of my tea maker) unless I use a chlorine-based detergent.

• M

Used so many different brands of dishwashers over the years (both my own and in rentals or when visiting friends). The one brand that uniquely stood out was always Miele. Not all their appliances are perfect, but dishwashers is the one thing they really have nailed. It's unfortunate that they have quite a markup in the US, and it's not as if their German prices were cheap to begin with.

• Carolae

@maryjoyw40, I was having the same problem with my Cove dishwasher- staining along the bottom edges of my flatware in the top rack. I was also getting hard water deposits (calcium?) in the dispenser cup and throughout the dishwasher. On the advice of the store where I bought the Cove, I switched from Cascade liquid detergent to Finish Powerball Quantum tabs in the dark blue container and run the dishwasher on Normal Cycle with Hi Temp Wash. (I also use Jet Dry Finish Rinse Aid.) The stains on my flatware disappeared and the hard water deposits have decreased. I hope this helps.

• Chany Lefkowitz

Hi,

I use the pots and pans cycle which washes silverware beautifully and the glassware come out crystal clean! I can never get this type of glisten by handwashing. Also, I have two cove dishawashers and I do find that one of them is drying better than the other. Not sure why...

• maryjoyw40

Carolae, Chany and edjpalm - thank you all for you replies. I do already use the Finish Quantum and bought the Finish brand jet dry on the advice of the repair man. Neither has helped, unfortunately. Edjpalm, when I saw that Cove bought back your machine, I actually called my Sub Zero customer service immediately. It's a Saturday, so they couldn't deal with that type of issue today.But next week, I will begin the process of trying to get them to buy it back. I have owned Miele for years. I have one in my butler pantry and it is a gem. I should never have let them talk me into the Cove. I also like the deeper flatware rack up top, where I can fit ladles, etc., plus I put small fragile dishes and such in there. And you're right - I always use the Quick intense and it's perfect. Carolae and Chany, I'm happy the Cove is working so well for you.

• maryjoyw40

Boba1, yes, the Miele I bought to replace the Asko has a water softener, though I am not always 100% faithful in refilling the salt in a timely fashion!

• maryjoyw40

dadoes, yes, I am absolutely using the rinse aid.

• dadoes

A water softener mechanism can't successfully run a regeneration cycle to refresh the resin bed if the salt supply is depleted ... it's effectively non-functional for softening water until a successful regeneration cycle is run.

• maryjoyw40

I understand, but the Cove never was without salt. The Miele was, and still no water problems. Maybe mine is a lemon. All I know for sure is that, much to my dismay, my Cove doesn't work well and all protocol is being followed properly.

• edjpalm

Maryjoyw40, I went through my archived paperwork RE: Cove buy back. Cove customer service assigned my account to Melissa Hollis who is a customer advocate. Initially she had me install their app and take pictures of my pre and post loads. Their engineering team determined through the app that the cycles were working as designed and the pictures showed I was loading properly. However the dishes, particularly spoons and knives, were not clean. I told them this was not acceptable; I was used to Miele and never had problems like this before. In fact, even my daughter’s cheap apartment Whirlpool DW cleaned better than this. It was Melissa who then offered to buy back their machine because I was not absolutely satisfied with the performance. In case customer service doesn’t help you, here is her contact info: Melissa Hollis, Advocate Team, direct phone:(608)441-5887, Melissa.hollis@subzero.com

My understanding is that SZ has cut back on some of their workforce due to the Covid pandemic. Hopefully you will get the assistance you need to get your refund. Good luck.

• maryjoyw40

Thank you so much for this. I also felt my cheap builder's dishwasher in our first house 40 years ago did a better job than this one. I shouldn't have let them talk me out of my tried and true Miele!

• upscale39

We purchased a new home last year and we decided to replace all the previous major appliances in the kitchen. I love the Subzero company and it's history but after much research, we first landed on a Bosch Benchmark dishwasher. We knew others who had a different model type and how quiet it was. So we ordered it before moving in and after 4 months there was just no answer to when one would be available in our area. The reps had told us there were thousands and thousands of back orders due to covid and lots of people staying home and renovating creating a back log. So we decided to go with the Cove dishwasher instead. Granted there didn't seem to be much by way of reviews like other brands, which only carries so much weight in our decision making anyway, and we couldn't be happier.

Despite the issues others seem to be having, we are not having any trouble at all. We love it. It's super whisper quiet, I love the little light that shines on the floor to show you where the dishwasher is in the cycle. We love the 3 rows of adjustable/sturdy racks for loading. I have tested it out on several cycles and for us this machine works like a charm. We've had no issue with the cleaning, dishes are spotless and there's no food residue- we use the top rack for flatware only ( no water stains as we use the Finish brand items recommended) and the baskets for utensils. Granted we don't load our washer with a bunch of food on our plates, we do give them a quick rinse first and we have never had to run hot water ahead of time. The stainless steel panel looks perfect in our beautiful kitchen and it's easily cleaned with a stainless cleaner and soft cloth. The handle ( Pro) is sturdy and looks great and there is a reassuring click that the door is secure. I don't find knocking on the door ( Miele) to open it anything but a gimmick. Also, if you need to have the door open to finish drying then your machine isn't doing it's job IMO. I did connect the dishwasher app on my phone like other machines have so that I can remote start or check on it's status from afar. Customer service, a big selling point for us, has been great even with just simple questions ( central time). We did not feel that the cost would be a factor, we were most concerned with having a great dishwasher that did what it was professed to do and customer service was a big selling point ( after hearing about the issues friends had with their Miele parts and service). We are looking forward to getting a Subzero frig and Wolf stove next as we feel very confident in the brand.

• Carlos Rojas

Thanks for the review. We ordered a Cove but arrived damage, so now we are waiting. We have a 36" wolf Range, the burners are great, but the oven we have had issues with the blue finish. It got damage in the clean cycle, it was replaced. Then turn oven to 500 degrees and also got damage, we can still use the oven, just doesn't look as good.

• M

It doesn't look so good ... and every so often there are sharp bits of glass in your food. I'd insist on a replacement or buy back.

• tfellowes

Im updating my review - for the last 5 months out of the 10 this has been installed it makes a grinding noise on the drain cycle. its extremely loud. IT also shuts off and give the error code for “drain is blocked” i then clean the filter put it back and it then turns back on. We have to rinse the dishes. I paid $175 to have a plumber pull it out and check the drains. no problem. Still makes the noise. I live 5 hours from the nearest certified cove repair person. ITs working we clean the filter every 3 days (there are 2 of us so its not working overtime) but the loud noise is still there. Im afraid its going to break. Otherwise it works great. I broke my golden rule - never buy a new product in its early years. The saving grace is Sub Zero continues to work with us and once winter is over they are sending someone from a farther away town to come and look at ti and bring a pump with them in case it needs to be replaced. We are on a well but we have soft water so thats not it. I would only buy a Cove is i lived in a major centre. I could have got a Bosch or Miele for half the price and jsut replaced it when it broke.

• M

My Miele dishwasher was giving me rather mysteriously confusing problems after about 5+ years, and they sound a little like the problem you are seeing with your Cove. I tried everything and couldn't make sense of it. I was about to schedule a technician, when I found a suggestion online to check the backflow valve. It's accessible from inside the sump area underneath the filter. If you know where to look, it take 30s to take it out and clean it.

That temporarily fixed the issue, but it kept coming back. Turns out, the gaskets in the valve were worn out. They aren't meant to be replaced, but you can replace the entire valve assembly. Not cheap at about $40, but also not prohibitively expensive. Ever since I installed a new valve, everything has been back to normal.

I wonder if you are experiencing a similar problem with the Cove. Contamination of some poorly accessible gasket, valve, or tubing could certainly explain all of your problems. I don't know how to access all the components in your particular model, nor do I know for certain that it actually has a backflow valve. But that's where I'd start looking.

I purchased a Cove dishwasher in November 2020. It is a beautiful machine with sturdy racks, beautiful stainless exterior but ended up working with Subzero's advocate team for a buy back. It didn't clean well. Left food and streaks on glassware and did not dry well. Subzero had me take pics and told me to run the water until hot which is ridiculous. I instead purchased the top of the line Thermador dishwasher (made by Bosch) and it is fantastic! My dishes have never been so clean and dry and it doesn't take 3 hours! Love it.

• Caroline Hamilton

Thumbs down to the Cove dishwasher. It does not clean dishes well to the point where you have to really clean them before you load them. If I am going to do that I might as well handwash them. The Bosch does a far better job IMO.

• zaidelja

We had the exact opposite experience- so much happier with the Cove than the Bosch it replaced!

• Josephine Rappa Lombardo

Im so sad to read all of these comments. We redid our whole house and since we went with Sub-Zero and wolf we decided to give the cove a shot since everyone was taking so highly about the engineering of it. Well I have never been so disappointed. My cheap $400 worked better when I was living in an apartment that was supplied with all dishwasher. To spend this money and not have it work properly is just so disappointing. It IS quiet and pretty but the wash and dry are just horrific. My dishes all come out with water stains, the amount of water left once the cycle is over is astonishing. Puddles of water and every single dish is wet, some saturated with looks of water on top. Even the inside of the machine is still wet. I’ve tried tabs, liquid detergent, use a drying agent so I don’t understand why it’s so bad. I called and they sent a repair person who said almost 10 different error codes popped up. They came back to “fix” it and it still didn’t work properly. Got sub zero to send me a new one which I was happy about but still nervous. Low and behold- dishes and the machine are still soaking wet after a full cycle. So disappointed and now I am worried I am stuck with this over $2,000 piece of junk. If it doesn’t get better im hoping they will buy my machine back like others have said. I just hope if that my last option they don’t give me an absurdly low amount for a brand new machine. So upset about this 😔

• Chany Lefkowitz

Josephine,

Please relax... I have two Cove dishwashers in my home and it took me a while to figure out why one was washing amazingly while the other one didnt and behaved similar to your description. It ended up being an installation issue. Please have the Cove Team come by to check into this. My GOOD cove is Amazing! It washes pots and pans to perfection and my glassware looks brand new. I especially like the Pots and Pans cycle and use only the Cascade Complete Tabs. I find that the other brands just dont do it. Let me know how it goes for you!

• upscale39

I'm sorry to hear others are still having issues with the Cove dishwasher. Since my last comment mine is still working perfectly. No issues with drying or food. Granted I always rinse my dishes first. You either take care of the food before the dishes go in or have to keep checking the filter later for food residue and cleaning it out- I prefer not having to fiddle with the filter if possible. Making sure the dry cycle isn't OFF is key and also I have continued to try all different cycles and my dishes and flatware come out super smooth and clean. I use Finish products and also Finish salt in the bottom well. Its' so strange the people are having such widely variable experiences.