Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
drsaj

Powder Room Pendant?

drsaj
4 years ago

We're redoing our powder room. We just had these vanity shelves and a new vessel sink put in. I ordered this wallpaper. Now I'd like a different pendant over the sink. We also have a recessed light in the small room. What do you all think of this pendant? It's 11" wide. Any other suggestions?

Comments (19)

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 years ago

That glass will create a lot of shadows. Maybe that’s ok for powder room. I like oval sink. I think you can do better. That one looks a little kitchen like to me. I will hunt around.

drsaj thanked Flo Mangan
  • J J
    4 years ago

following

drsaj thanked J J
  • drsaj
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Flo, thank you! I'm looking forward to seeing your suggestions.

• drsaj
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I saw this one on Amazon. It's about the same size as the existing pendant. Too glam?

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 years ago

Yes, the other one is too glam. You need simple lines. I found a black and wood one but the reviews on it were bad. Black would be more dramatic. Powder rooms are all about drama!

drsaj thanked Flo Mangan
  • drsaj
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Could I do a copper finish to tie in with the color of the vanity? I like this one, but it's 20 inches wide. The vessel sink is only 16".

• drsaj
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Would either of these work?

• drsaj
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Or this?

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 years ago

Copper isn’t quite right. What is size of white one with gold lining? That looks good if it is big enough.

drsaj thanked Flo Mangan
  • drsaj
    Original Author
    4 years ago

It's 8" wide. 1" bigger than the one that is currently there. Would that work?

• Kendrah
    4 years ago

I have no problem with the current pendent. I love your wallpaper and think once it is up you will find that the pendent looks great. There is not much to focus on currently on the walls and I suspect that is why your eye is going to the pendent and not loving it. You've done a great job on this room.

drsaj thanked Kendrah
  • printesa
    4 years ago

The white one is pretty. It really depends if you want it to stand out or want a calming atmosphere.

Here is another option

FLOS Official IC-Lights S Modern Pendant Lighting by Michael Anastassiades · More Info

drsaj thanked printesa
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 years ago

Here it is.

drsaj thanked Flo Mangan
  • drsaj
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you for the mock up, Flo. That pendant is not doing anything for me. I think I'd like something more unique or eye catching. I really like the idea of a light casting pendant.

• drsaj
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Maybe I'd like it more once the wallpaper is up, though. I think I'll decide on the pendant once the wallpaper is up. But I'm open to more ideas in the meantime!

• printesa
    4 years ago

I know this one is not a pendant (it does come as a wall light as well), but it's a fun fixture:)

https://www.lightology.com/index.php?module=prod_detail&prod_id=621335

drsaj thanked printesa
  • groveraxle
    4 years ago

Do wait for the wallpaper to be hung. Those pendants that cast weird shadows will play havoc with that pattern. I have a feeling when you see the wallpaper there, your current pendant will look perfect.

drsaj thanked groveraxle
  • PRO
    MARGARITA BRAVO
    4 years ago

Here are some of our powder room designs that might aid you in picking a light.

Powder Baths · More Info

Powder Baths · More Info

Denver Renovation (Mid-century): Bathroom 1 · More Info

drsaj thanked MARGARITA BRAVO