Topworking crabapple
7 years ago
Last spring I topworked a couple of fairly large, mature crabapple trees. On one I did cleft and rind grafts of Carrol and September Ruby. The Sept Ruby scions were cut from a mature tree and this year the grafts are blooming surprisingly well. The goal of topworking the trees was to get to real production as soon as possible. A few apples this year are no big deal. Should I cut off all of the apples that set, or am I safe leaving them on due to the relative vigor of the large rootstock?






Sponsored
wayne
nichols167Original Author
Related Professionals
Cedar Rapids Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Saint Cloud Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Orange County Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Natchitoches Landscape Contractors · Kansas City Landscape Contractors · Marietta Landscape Contractors · Barnstable Landscape Contractors · Odessa Landscape Contractors · Dothan Basement Remodeling · Vidalia Basement Remodeling · Ashland Basement Remodeling · Elkton Basement Remodeling · West Plains Basement Remodeling · Jacksonville Basement Remodeling · Saint George Basement RemodelingUser
nichols167Original Author