organic_kitten

Post With FFOS anf FFEs

organic_kitten

FFE: Crazy Cat Lady: I am one, and loved the name, but I doubted the color sice two others from this hybridizer had been wrong. But no, and I really like it:

FFO: Forsyth's Garrett Mason: looks so delicate, is a beauty, and detests being moved.

I like that GM and Exquisitely Subversive are side by side:

Pink Tarantula...thee were three, but I liked this photo

Love this one Exotic Starfish:

Grape is My Favorite Color: I really like this gift plant:

Since we are on purples, how about Trahlyta FFO:

How about some red? Long legged Lap Dancer:

Great Aunt Picklebottom looked good today:

Lets try for ten, shall we? El Desperado:

And, a few in the comments, with one FFO and one FFE.

kay

• Nancy 6b

I need Crazy Cat Lady, probably what the neighbors call me, but I only have 2 cats. I could just as easily have 40 though. I like F. Garrett Mason, and Exotic Starfish is really nice. Is it as large a flower as it looks? My favorite though is Pink Tarantula. But then there is Great Aunt Picklebottom, that looks huge!

• organic_kitten

Lets see, how will I start this; Side bed still going strong

And Peak is (finally) officially over:

Jan Sun. so glad Nancy showed me where to get this one:

Flames Over Africa:

FFO::Moses in the Bullrushes:

White Eyes Pink Dragon

Rambunctious Rosy

Bob Marley...Can't help it. Love this one:

The Grape Twizzlers have a couple:

And the FFE: another Davidson, Wher'd Yall Go

Funny, but I like the name...Splotchy, but expect it to clear up...maybe next year>

kay

• organic_kitten

Nancy, Exotic Starfish is a pretty good size...not huge, and so far the blooms have been perfect...names are something I get pleasure from, so I always like to note odd ones. Great Aunt Picklebottom is a very large bloom. And like you PT pleases me. and it has from its first bloom last year... Thank you for your nice post, looking and commenting.

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)

Pretty! I love Pink Tarantula and Exotic Starfish. My Favorite Color is Grape is nice too. That's a nice clump of El Desperado.

Nancy

• organic_kitten

Thank you, Nancy...Those are all favorites that you liked...

kay

• sherrygirl zone5 N il

You hit the jackpot with Grape is my Favorite Color , such a great bloom, loved it on the first post I saw it. And Exotic Starfish and Pink Tarantula again, love them.

Sherry

• lilykate7a

Exotic Starfish looks like it is going to be a winner for you. So pretty. I am glad you got that one. And lucky you-a gift plant you like in Grape is my Favorite Color. It is striking. And Bob Marley must really stand out in the garden with that color. A nice post with lots of choices!!

• organic_kitten

Thanks, Kate...Bob Marley does stand out...you are right and about the others...I have had a lot of good luck with my new additions for the year....and am having fun planning changes for next year....juts not so many. I really do like Grape is My Favorite color.

kay

• Julia NY

They are all beautiful but I agree, Bob Marley is a stand out.

• organic_kitten

Thank you so much, Julia. I take so many photos of that one...It is such a vibrant color.

kay

• celeste

Well, if you are the Crazy Cat Lady with only two cats, Nancy.... what am I with FOUR? And all indoor cats at that, plus 3 grandkittens. But anyway, I have come out of the closet so to speak about my lifestyle, Even our home is transformed into kitty wonderland with high walkways around one of the rooms, sitting perches, beds, etc. Even my selection of new daylilies reveals I need cat addiction therapy. I got 'One Cat Too Many', 'Desperate House Cats', 'Honey, I Shrunk the Cat' and 'All My Kittens'. They are new so I haven't seen them bloom yet. If the weather would warm up and my daylilies in general would scape, maybe I will see them this summer, fingers crossed. KAY, I love so many of the ones you posted. Your new one, Crazy Cat Lady looks great and I just 'had' to look it up. I see it is a late, which is a bonus. Once again, Exotic Starfish and Pink Tarantula caught my eye and Forsyth Garrett Mason is very lovely. I love the soft coloring. Your garden still looks sensational.

• organic_kitten

Gee, thank you, Celeste...I have five indoor cats...so the Crazy Cat Lady.. I have one Cat too Many, but not the others you have....yet. I am still enjoying the garden although I am counting down plants as they finish blooming... I do have lates yet to begin, and some re-blooms, of course...and you know I love the really bright ones.. Well, this evening, l I found two scapes on one I had given up on blooming this year; Whip City Flames of Haiti! That made me very happy. The ones you liked are favorites. so thank you for looking and commenting.

kay

• Nancy 6b

I tend to get daylilies based on my obsession of the year, but if they have entertaining names, added bonus! I like your White Eyes Pink Dragon of the 2nd batch of daylilies. Bob Marley must really grab attention!

• shive

I love the name Crazy Cat Lady, but I'm not sure I like the form of the bloom as much. The combo of Forsyth Garrett Mason and Exquisitely Subversive is very nice. Pink Tarantula calls to me. Is it a dip or a tet? The Twizzlers much be liking the cool temps. They are such a nice dark purple there. I think the photo of the side garden may be my favorite in this post.

Debra

• signet_gw(6b)

Exotic Starfish and Pink Tarantula are my top fav's . Grape Twizzler and Bob Marley come in very close seconds.

Lovely pic of your cat. I am not a big cat fan myself , but mainly because I am allergic to them , not because I don't like them . A kitten just melts my heart . So I have dogs , and wouldn't be without them . They are always happy to see you even if you have only been gone for 10 minutes. I don't know how some people can live without pets of some kind.

• organic_kitten

I think those were Debra's cats, although I have several. My heart is my Chihuahua, Fancy. Doesn't she look innocent though? Because she is asleep.

kayI

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)

Don't remember seeing your pooch before. I guess she's my FFO for the day from you. I love cats, but I like dogs and Fancy looks like a sweetheart........That shot of Pink Tarantula is great. Don't you love it when you see the perfect bloom AND have your camera. Here of course we can have both but the Oklahoma winds will be howling - as they are today - so that you can't get a still shot........Bob Marley is one I still like. If room for another orange opens up some day I may give it a whirl......Maryl

• sherrygirl zone5 N il

Kay, I remember when you got Fancy, she’s just as cute now. Heather I’m with you with the cats, family cat allergies here, I have four Shih Tzus

Sherry

• organic_kitten

Well, Maryl, I love both...I have a bit of cat allergy myself, but there are five of them here. That plant has put out some nice blooms, and we normally do not have wind anything like your Oklahoma breezes here. I really do like Bob Marley...he is one of my suitcase plants, to quote Kate...afraid I would need a lot of suitcases, however.

Sherry, I haven't been feeling well for a good while now, and Fancy considers it her job to "take care" of me. If I lie down, she is there. If I sit in the chaiir she wants to be there...If I leave the room, she follows.

kay

• signet_gw(6b)

Kay , your little doggie is adorable . They are such faithful critters . I personally have mini schnauzers and with the exception of them barking at everything that moves they are lovely little guys and girl.

• Brad KY 6b

Kay, Exotic Starfish is quite pretty--I love the form and color. Grape is my Favorite Color and Great Aunt Picklebottom are interesting. I always enjoy seeing White Eyes Pink Dragon. Great yard shots.

Brad

• organic_kitten

Heather, the inventor of the doorbell did not have Chihuahuas and apparently didn't have schnauzers either...There is no need. They announce a leaf blowing in the yeard. Brad, every bloom has been perfect from the first on Exotic Starfish, It is a nice size and I am tryly enjoying it. As I said Grape is MY Favorite Color was a very lucky gift plant. It is a pretty one. And anyone can see I love Judy Davisson's intros...Great Aunt Picklebottom is doing better this second year, taller and more blooms, and I look forward to the leap year...WRPD has always done very well here. Thank you for you comments...So tell me what month would you do best to get your Catastrophe Waitress baby? July ? august? September? silly thing finally finished so t is up to you to tell me what suits.

kay

• organic_kitten

Debra, I just now saw your post and the question. Thank you for your response. Pink Tarantula is a Dip. The side garden photos have been a lot of my favorites photos this year...a lot of favorites together. The Twizzlers are keeping their beautiful shape and color even in higher temps....go figure. I really am enjoying them, and must ensure adequate room for them to increase. I will soon be moving out a clump to allow Wall of Fire adequate room as it is too cramped now.

kay

• mantis__oh

Such a sweet and well-mannered dog. I like Bob Marley too. Previous comments have already been thorough, so, as I just recover from a trip (lots of garden work to catch up), that's it.

• organic_kitten

I was worried about you, because I missed your comments. I am glad you are back and no problems cause d your absence. Bob Marley is a really good one if you like the intense color (as I do) and Fancy is pretty well mannered, and especially so when asleep. Thank you, Mantis.

kay