ckwillia89

Need picture frame/wall decor suggestions!

ckwillia89

Just got a shiplap wall installed and feel we need to add something in the “open wall space” but want it to feel modern farmhouse and go well with the shiplap. Any suggestions??

• Twosit4me

I don't have any suggestions as I am currently stuck on pictures as well. Your space is nice. I think you should go with a vertical painting, AKA portrait. Interested to know if the experts agree.

• Not a Pro

following

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9

I'd concentrate first on injecting some warmth into your rooms with rugs that have colors and patterns in them instead of the rather lifeless one in the living room (make it also larger to go under the chairs) and the bare floor in the dining room. The shiplap honestly makes it difficult to have paintings because it's such a busy background. I'd also add colorful, lively pillows to those chairs which will make the wall more of a background feature. Some kind of three-dimensional art might look good in that space.

• ckwillia89

Thanks Ingrid for your suggestion! As a modern/farmhouse lover I love neutrals with a pop of color. I actually love my rug from Bassett! To me, a neutral rug is great so I can switch out pillows throughout the season as I like to change my pillows around. Colorful pillows are a great suggestion to create that pop of color though! Thanks for your comment!