bayarea_girl

Grand Old Opry, a miniflora rose

bayarea_girl
June 23, 2019
last modified: June 24, 2019

Grand Old Opry (Welopry), a miniflora rose bred by Verlie W., Jr. Wells (2009) and introduced in US (2009). The 2.5-inch blooms have yellow base with red and yellow stripes with moderate fragrance. It's very healthy and repeats well in my garden. Helen

Comments (18)

• HalloBlondie (zone5a) Ontario, Canada

It's a cutie! Love seeing the variety of roses in your garden. This one must look different everyday.

bayarea_girl thanked HalloBlondie (zone5a) Ontario, Canada
  • sara_ann-z6bok

Beautiful colors!

bayarea_girl thanked sara_ann-z6bok
  • Ann9BNCalif

Beautiful rose Helen! Love the colors and it’s good to know it’s fragrant.

My Swirly Pop mini that I know you have too just bloomed after being planted in the ground. Hope it survives!

Ann

bayarea_girl thanked Ann9BNCalif
  • Ingrida

Lovely bloom, with a nice, informative, presentation

bayarea_girl thanked Ingrida
  • Kristine LeGault 8a pnw

Wow what a fun rose

bayarea_girl thanked Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
  • sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida 9a)

Really cute and pretty at the same time! I dont have any minis but I am inspired to try some with all the awesome photos I've been seeing on the forum lately!

bayarea_girl thanked sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida 9a)
  • bayarea_girl

Thanks everyone.

HalloBlondie, you are right, this rose looks different every day.

Ann, my Swirly Pop is still in a 5-gallon pot but it's very health. From my experience, Dave Bang's roses normally have great health so I think your Swirly Pop will do fine.

Sultry, when you have the info please share which minis you want to try. They must be special :) Helen

• mustbnuts zone 9 sunset 9

What a beauty! I love stripey roses and one that is stripey and bicolored? That is just the best!

bayarea_girl thanked mustbnuts zone 9 sunset 9
  • bayarea_girl

mustbnuts, completely agree! Helen

• pippacovalent

Really neat little rose! Thanks for the information about it too!

bayarea_girl thanked pippacovalent
  • bayarea_girl

Pandemonium (MACpandem/Claire Rayner/Pan), miniature rose, bred by by Samuel Darragh McGredy IV (1982), introduced in New Zealand by McGredy Roses International (1988). The beautiful blooms have yellow and orange-red stripes with mild, musk fragrance. I just got this rose from Rogue Valley Roses, and this is the first bloom. I like it a lot. Helen

• Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)

Helen, both your roses look beautiful. I won't be able to choose since I like both. This thread is a treat to me since I don't grow minis. Thank you for showing your beautiful, one of a kind roses. They are very special.
    Excellent photography :)
    jin

bayarea_girl thanked Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
  • BenT (8a Dallas, TX)

What a beautiful collection of roses you must have, Helen. I like the novel colored varieties, too.

bayarea_girl thanked BenT (8a Dallas, TX)
  • bayarea_girl

Thanks Plumeria Girl &Ben. I only have a small garden so before I buy anything I have to debate whether it's unique and beautiful enough (to me) to have a spot in my garden. Ben, What novel colored roses do you have in your garden? Helen

• Cenk H

Woww! Beautiful roses, perfect photography! What is your camera? Not regular phone camera, I believe

• bayarea_girl

Thanks Cenk. My camera is a Canon T5i. Helen

• Rockridge Rose

Beautiful!

bayarea_girl thanked Rockridge Rose
  • mustbnuts zone 9 sunset 9

If you would like another mini by Sam McGredy that is adorable, try Minnie Mouse AKA Roller Coaster. The flowers on it are just so cute! Also, I love Peppermint Parfait. Another great mini rose whose flowers are not so mini.

Mini Mouse

Peppermint Parfait

Can you tell I love my stripey roses?

bayarea_girl thanked mustbnuts zone 9 sunset 9

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268