missidave

Fiberglass vs Gunite Decision

Missi Smith

Hi All! We are building a million+ home and really want to have a pool. We had a gunite pool in our last home and loved it, but we have moved out of state and just cannot find too many concrete pool builders. The ones we have found are so ridiculously expensive! Do you think a fiberglass pool "cheapens" a property or is that just a myth? Thanks so much!

• sktn77a

Not a fan of fiberglass but that's just a personal opinion. Many others appear to love them. Where are you located? If you keep looking, you should find a company that will build a "ceement pond" for you! ;)

Look up to 3-4 hours away from you - pool builders will often travel that far.

Missi Smith thanked sktn77a
  • Missi Smith

Thanks Sktn - I am in western NC and have met with every cement pool builder in the area. My least expensive bid was $150,000+. There is just no way I will pay that. We had a beautiful cement pool in Atlanta for half that price. I'm going to meet with a couple fiberglass and vinyl builders and price out what I want - then make a decision from there I guess.

• sktn77a

Check with Carolina Pool Plastering in Charlotte.

Missi Smith thanked sktn77a
  • Missi Smith

Thank you!!