karengfawcett

Here is a rose for you in the Strike It Rich!!!

karengfawcett

When going through Roses online one that caught my eye without question was the Strike it Rich Rose soooo I made a note of it and went to my Local garden centre near me and Lowes. And was so excited to find this one for sale at one of them ---so nabbed it and brought it home with me. That was in May of last year. Covered it up with burlap and it survived the winter. Then in May of this year we transplanted it next to the Always and Forever rose only further down so she could do the garden near the tree. Well it came on like gangbusters and here is what it did. The fragrance on these are awesome!!!! The colors are drop dead gorgeous. If you are online do a search for it and you can find more info in this one. I haven't seen any for sale this year at our 2 garden Centres, Maybe it is just as well :D

• seil zone 6b MI

It's beautiful, Karen! I thiught I had it once but it turned out to be a mislabel.

• sautesmom Sacramento

It's interesting how well it is doing for you where you are (you mention surviving winter, so I assume north??)
    because Strike It Rich is my #1 heat champ here in Sacramento. 105, even 110 degrees, and the blooms barely crisp. I too love this rose, although it turns lighter with pink edges in the heat. Here is a photo today, and earlier in our cool spring.
    Carla in Sac