Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mantis__oh

Surviving the Heat

mantis__oh
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Actually, it was tolerable till about 11 a.m. Then in the afternoon, a girl came by and wanted to take pictures. I said she would not get good pictures because of the glare and bloom degradation. She said, I am not perfect, so I do not mind taking pictures of the imperfect. Sweet--but one the hottest day of the year? She will come back.

Have to do work outside. Will finish this later.

Comments (13)

• mantis__oh
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Dawn of Aquarius

Guapa has surprised with such photogenic days
    Faith That Moves Mountains is so dark, it is difficult to photograph.
    Better picture of Allen Watts

Just amazed at the perfection of Thelma Douglas
    Ruby Grandeur has begun.
    Alpha and Omega has sometimes been splotchy
    Memorial to Steve
    On an overcast day, Cory Tipple really outdid himself. What a year for Cory!
    Late to the Party

• Julia WV (6b)
    4 years ago

mantis: These are all beautiful and a big WOW.

• shive
    4 years ago

Thelma Douglas does look perfect. My favorites are Faith That Moves Mountains and Clarity of Vision.

Debra

• celeste/NH
    4 years ago

I am glad to hear I'm not the only one working in the garden in this horrid heat. And glad to know I'm not the only one valiantly trying to get photos before they melt. It is unbearable again today but I guess this brutal heat is spread across the country. It is not normal for it to be a 105 heat index in New Hampshire, that's for sure! Thankfully, a good part of my yard is in partial shade, even parts that I grow daylilies. Yours still are looking great even in the inferno. My favorites are Dawn of Aquarius, Carolina Cool Down, Lovestruck Linda and Faith that Moves Mountains....all purple shades, my favorites.

• lilykate7a
    4 years ago

First time through on scrolling I backed up immediately to look at Thelma Douglas again. Just beautiful. Great bunch of Cory Tipple. Worlds Collide is a nice bloom clump. There are so many outstanding ones on here.

• mantis__oh
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thelma Douglas is also well budded. I really did not expect such performance. But perhaps it is a one-year profusion.

• Nancy 6b
    4 years ago

I find Carrick Wildon very appealing. Faith that moves Mountains is beautiful too, but all your clumps look really nice. They are being cooperative too, often with my clumps flowers face away from each other, or some just don't look as good.

• organic_kitten
    4 years ago

Beautiful post Mantis. I am partial to brights, and I have and like Carrrick Wildon so I am very taken with your photo of it. But you have so many beauties. I especially like Worlds collide and Thelma Douglas.

kay

• Brad KY 6b
    4 years ago

Lots of goodies, Mantis!

Brad

• nat4b
    4 years ago

Carrick Wildon looks amazing! Love the form and bright colors. Lots of beauties you have! Ring the Bells of Heaven is very beautiful! I also like Thelma Douglas and Symphony of Praise. Faith that Moves Mountains looks gorgeous and Ruby Grandeur looks like a great late red!

• samhain10 - 5a
    4 years ago

Again, impossible to walk away from any of these! That first one, though, Carrick Wildon - whoa.

Alex

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    4 years ago

So many lovely blooms, Thelma Douglas is my favorite today, love the no eye and great edge. Does Faith that Moves Mountains have the same look as Bluegrass Memories?

Sherry