Software
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_5149688

Paph in trouble...

7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I‘ve had my Paph Temptation since last fall and it’s done well in my S/H bathroom setup with my other phrags and paphs. I just noticed this evening that the undersides of several leaves are not looking great. Some leaves look totally normal, while these, not so much. It looks like rot inside the leaf, like its watery. Thoughts?




Comments (4)

  • 7 years ago

    Had a Paph talk at the last orchid society meeting and you need to have different canditions for the various types.

    Some detailed notes to be found on orchids wiki for Paph. Temptation.

    Paph. temptation is grouped under the large growing Multiflorals. A warmed glass-house is needed here to get them through winter.

    Describe your growing spot and perhaps you will get more detailed advice.

    User thanked arthurm2015
  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    It’s in SH in a plastic pot which sits in a ceramic pot in a humidity tray of leca which is on top of a heating pad (on 15hrs) that warms pots by 10 to 15F. Room humidity is usually between 50-60%. It’s under small LEDs and next to a large window and below a skylight in the master bathroom next to the tub. I have a small fan in there too plus the house fan is always running. Inside temps are from 59F to 75F and are usually between 65 and 70. I water with tap water (35ppm tds) and mixed with MSU fert at about 150ppm tds every other watering. I mist during the winter if the humidity goes below 45%, but don’ need to during the warm season.

    It’s next to 4 other multifloral hybrid paphs and 3 other multifloral phrags that are all growing and healthy.

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Growing conditions are not some sort of pristine wilderness with no bacteria or fungi. Suspect that maybe you are perhaps too kind especially with the misting, but, seeing I only have few Paphs, you need advice from a Paph "expert".

    The three Paphs I have are not Multiflorals. They are in this room all year and are never misted, in fact I have hundreds of orchids outside and none are misted.

    I Maudiae type. +2 spicerianum (species). one spicerianum bloomed in early winter.

    Current conditions: Humidity 58% Temperature 18.7C. Not a bathroom. Trialling the Paphs on top of a tropical fish tank. The sun is streaming in from a window and is filtered by a matchstick blind. (Last month of winter here).

    Hope you get some more help.

  • 7 years ago

    The tops of your leaves look like there is edema

Sponsored