Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cynjean

Bedroom paint.

cynjean
4 years ago

This is continuation of the post about the French provincial furniture and wall color. I can’t post there for some reason. .

This is new paint It was yellow Before. Now it’s linen white paint on walls And trim simply white. The hear board I’m selling. Doesn’t match the new furniture I’ll have soon. So trim is simply white. Question When door is closed you see the front of door Facing hallway. All the other doors in hall are linen white so do I paint it simply white or linen white. thanks!

Comments (13)

• CindyR
    4 years ago

If you have all of your doors closed in the hallway, they are all linen white, and you are wondering if you should have the bedroom door the same as the other doors? Yes.

• cynjean
    Original Author
    4 years ago

The door when it’s open in my room looks odd being linen when all the trim and closet doors are white

• cynjean
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Little freaked out with paint job. He did satin on wood. Feels like primer

• CindyR
    4 years ago

I have never used satin on my trim - only semi-gloss. Does it need another coat? What sheen was your trim before? Don’t panic about the paint. It takes time to get used to new paint. Your door should match the other doors but it’s your house and your choice.

• cynjean
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Yes I agree should match others but looks odd. I’m in bedRoom. The trim is white the door is linen to match doors in hallway.

• cynjean
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Here’s another pic

Closet doors are white. Door to room linen

• CindyR
    4 years ago

You know what - when your furniture gets in there, with all of your decor, maybe you won’t notice the linen outside door with white closet door and trim.

You can alway repaint the trim and closet doors to linen semi-gloss if you really dislike the Simply White.

Is the rest of your trim in your home Simply White? You didn’t bring up that color in the other post.

• cynjean
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Entire house all doors and trim linen white

• cynjean
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Good thing is I can made a decision cause the four closet doors are off and in basement. He’s doing them next week. If I have to change anything it’s just trim around two windows the door and around closet doors. One walk in closet door is done. so it will be back to semi gloss linen white or semi gloss simply white against my linen white walls

• CindyR
    4 years ago

Your room will be beautiful, and I know your Aunt (?) is quite pleased you are giving her furniture a new home.

• cynjean
    Original Author
    4 years ago

The furniture is here now and I’m like umm is it to big fir the room. Should I post it here or?

• CindyR
    4 years ago

You can post here...

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County